Turn on thread page Beta

What do you think of this article on fat people watch

ReputationRep:
    Eating too much isn't eating sensibly! You can't put on weight if you eat less calories than you use. Assuming the weight you're gaining is fat, that simply cannot happen unless you are eating too much, so you're either lying about eating healthily (this includes the AMOUNT) or breaking the laws of physics. Also, being stuck in bed doesn't mean you HAVE to get fat. Discriminating against all fat people encourages them to continue losing weight, or to start to.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by walrusgod)
    Eating too much isn't eating sensibly! You can't put on weight if you eat less calories than you use. Assuming the weight you're gaining is fat, that simply cannot happen unless you are eating too much, so you're either lying about eating healthily (this includes the AMOUNT) or breaking the laws of physics. Also, being stuck in bed doesn't mean you HAVE to get fat. Discriminating against all fat people encourages them to continue losing weight, or to start to.
    When I say I continued to eat healthily despite being stuck in bed, I failed to adjust for the fact that I was going from a reasonably active life to being sedentary. It was a misjudgement on my part - that said, I was very unwell and not really capable of monitoring my weight and diet at that time. By the time I was getting better able to do this, the damage had been done.

You didn't tackle the part of my post that said I am still overweight but have lost a significant amount of weight, which is continuing to come off. I'm sure you'd think I was an unhealthy, lazy person if you saw me on the street, but I'm simply not. I do more exercise than most of the thinner people I know, and I definitely eat better than they do.

That said, if you look at my other posts, I have stated at least twice that getting overweight people to be aware of their responsibility for their current situation might provoke them to change better than giving them excuses would - so I agree on balance.

ReputationRep:
    I don't really like fat people, sounds silly but I find them disgusting. I don't know why I should treat fat people equally tbh.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Cupid Stunt)
    I don't really like fat people, sounds silly but I find them disgusting.
    You should like them.
    They float when you throw them into water.

ReputationRep:
    I don't really care, people gossip about fat people far too much these days. It's boring.

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: September 2, 2008
Poll
Black Friday: Yay or Nay?
Useful resources

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.