unknownm123
Badges: 11
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 2 weeks ago
Hello, I’m trying to get a 9 in Spanish next year and I’m currently in year 10. I have no idea how to go about revising it. If you got an A* in Spanish can you please let me know how to revised what you did

PizzaMan2989
Badges: 16
Rep:
?
Report 2 weeks ago
What grade are you currently working at
unknownm123
Badges: 11
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 2 weeks ago
(Original post by PizzaMan2989)
What grade are you currently working at
I haven’t done proper exams yet but I’m doing higher I’d say I’m working at 5
mila679
Badges: 15
Rep:
?
Report 2 weeks ago
Always write down vocab you see that you don’t already know and revise for tests that’s what got me a 9 lol
University of Portsmouth Student Rep
Rep:
?
Report 2 weeks ago
(Original post by unknownm123)
Hello, I’m trying to get a 9 in Spanish next year and I’m currently in year 10. I have no idea how to go about revising it. If you got an A* in Spanish can you please let me know how to revised what you did
Hey unknownm123!

For me I used duolingo in my spare time, which I feel helped with the listening side of the exams, and just making myself more familiar with the language in general

I'm not sure if they exams have changed now as I did my GCSE in 2016, and there was only reading and listening exams to do
I think there were some practice listening exams online that we did in class, so you could try to do those

Otherwise just try and spend some time reading the language and looking up words you don't understand etc

I hope this helps!
Eloise - Official Student Rep
astayuno
Badges: 17
Rep:
?
Report 2 weeks ago
I only got an 8 but i'm sure to get a 9 you need to stay on top of your vocab! when it comes to the speaking (picture cards) make sure you write down as many things as you can think of. Don't be afraid to ask "Can you repeat the question please" etc . Make sure you use filler words as well to show you're thinking etc

Ask your teacher for feedback all the time!!! I was also working at a 5 but stepped it up as I spent the majority of the week before going over vocab etc. Work on listening to Spanish related things if you're too bored eg elite on Netflix.

you got this :cool:
Last edited by astayuno; 2 weeks ago
pepsimaxcherry
Rep:
?
Report 2 weeks ago
hey!

I got an A (7) at GCSE so not quite a 9 but here’s what I did -

DuoLingo for the basics. The more your practice the basics, the easier they come to you.

Seneca and Memrise. This will teach you new phrases and words and the questions repeat so they get stuck in your head!

Learn your verbs, tenses and genders! this is so so important, if you can conjugate verbs correctly, this will boost your grade!

Learn a few grade 9 phrases off by heart. Mainly opinion phrases. Using these correctly will boost your grade more than if you just use opinions like “me gusta”.

Watch your fav tv shows in Spanish and listen to Spanish music! This will help your accent for your speaking exam and help you learn new words!

Get a Spanish dictionary and thesaurus as when you find yourself using the same word like “bueno” you can search and find alternatives to expand your vocab!

Hope this helps! Best of luck
Last edited by pepsimaxcherry; 2 weeks ago
PizzaMan2989
Rep:
?
Report 2 weeks ago
It is definitely possible to get a 9 from a five. For reference I got a 4 in my year 10 mocks and an 8 in year 11 - we’ll see what I get in August lol. If I’m honest the main thing was actually listening in lessons and doing so actively. What I mean is is stuff like writing down new vocab and verbs that you don’t know- we had a notebook given to us to do this. Revising for class tests and vocab tests too. Every week we would get a quizlet test to do. Previously I never revised for them and got like 20-30% but after doing so I was easily getting 90-95% I also attended after school clinics to stretch me further and I learnt some complex structure that I otherwise wouldn’t have know from class alone. Revising for class tests is important-take them seriously. Finally, learn your tenses. There’s usually the idea that you’ll just lean them over the years but this certainly wasn’t the case for me. I had to make flash cards to learn them and only did so in year 11. When sitting mocks I think i knew about 9 or so. Good luck you’ve got this!!
mila679
Rep:
?
Report 2 weeks ago
Yeah u can definitely go from a 5 to a 9, there’s not really a lot of understanding u just need to know a lot of vocab
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

How will you be receiving your results?

Going into school to pick them up (192)
33.28%
Receiving them online / by email (289)
50.09%
I still don't know (96)
16.64%

Watched Threads

Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise