The Student Room Group

Is Dnipropetrovsk Medical Institute recognised by MCI (Medical council of India)

Hi,
Does anyone know if the Graduate entry degree for medicine is recognised by MCI (Medical council of India)?
On the MCI page, Dnipro state medical Academy is mentioned and not this university.
Any information on this would be really helpful
if it's not on the MCI page it probably isn't recognised. you ought to contact them to be sure.

why not just (re)sit the NEET and do medicine in india?
Reply 2
Original post by MalcolmX
if it's not on the MCI page it probably isn't recognised. you ought to contact them to be sure.

why not just (re)sit the NEET and do medicine in india?

I think it’s best I contact them since I can’t find any information on this anywhere.
The reason why I am considering the graduate entry medicine in Dnipro is because I already have a bachelor’s degree. Also, since I am an NRI, the fees to study medicine in India is too much and hence I am looking at options in Europe.
Original post by Anonymous
I think it’s best I contact them since I can’t find any information on this anywhere.
The reason why I am considering the graduate entry medicine in Dnipro is because I already have a bachelor’s degree. Also, since I am an NRI, the fees to study medicine in India is too much and hence I am looking at options in Europe.

it's cheaper in ukraine than india? :O
Reply 4
Original post by MalcolmX
it's cheaper in ukraine than india? :O

Definitely 🙂
For a Non resident Indian (NRI) , they would have to apply through the NRI quota and the total fees would come up to approximately 35-45 lakhs or more In rupees depending on the institution and in Ukraine its way cheaper.
Original post by Anonymous
Hi,
Does anyone know if the Graduate entry degree for medicine is recognised by MCI (Medical council of India)?
On the MCI page, Dnipro state medical Academy is mentioned and not this university.
Any information on this would be really helpful

Hello ! I wanted to apply for medicine at Dnipro. The information that I have is that its not a university its an institute. Basically they rent University's classrooms and as I have understood many of us we are getting confused considering that its a university .Also none has register with the GMC in years.
Reply 6
Original post by Noahjack99
Hello ! I wanted to apply for medicine at Dnipro. The information that I have is that its not a university its an institute. Basically they rent University's classrooms and as I have understood many of us we are getting confused considering that its a university .Also none has register with the GMC in years.

Yes i just came to know that this institute is not recognised by MCI in India. It is accepted by GMC as some students have cleared and are practising in UK now.
If you are considering to go back to India then apply to Dnipropetrovsk state medical Academy as that is registered but they offer only 6 years MD and not graduate entry medicine.
It appears MCI are selective with medical schools.. DMI isn't accepted but looking at their website more than half of british medical schools aren't accepted either. Very confusing :biggrin:
Reply 8
Original post by Comeonbrahh
It appears MCI are selective with medical schools.. DMI isn't accepted but looking at their website more than half of british medical schools aren't accepted either. Very confusing :biggrin:

Yeah! 😂 i found that strange too.
I read somewhere that if you do study medicine in UK, you don’t need to answer the MCI exam but when I checked the list of universities, there were only few were mentioned 🧐
Original post by Noahjack99

I'm going to copy and paste part of my reply from another post:
It’s a medical school. In Ukraine, the law states that if a university teaches one subject, for example, medicine, they call it an institute or academy. If a university teaches many subjects like art, architecture, business, biology, physics, maths, etc., they call it a university.

So, Dnipro Medical Institute is an institute because they focus on medicine, but a branch of medicine is dental medicine (an umbrella beneath medicine). They’re only teaching one subject.

Another thing to note, academies are government owned and institutes are private-owned.

What’s important is that this is a higher education institution and equal as any other high education institution, whether academy or institute or university in Ukraine.

Outside of Ukraine, your degree is a higher education degree, which is bachelor, masters and PhD, and that is what they’re accredited to grant. So, by law, you’ll receive an MD (Doctor of Medicine) degree with a masters.

There are people applying to GMC this year as only recently have british people gone back to the university. The problem isn't when they get registered, its is if they do get registered as the GMC subject doctors to many quality checks over their course of employment. So find comfort and assurance that there are people from this university.

I don't know where the rumour has come about that the university doesn't own rooms? It has its own building.. You can go to the university's own deans office.
(edited 3 years ago)

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending