hushpuppie
Badges: 3
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 4 months ago
when i had my interview i was told i didnt know enough about air power, is air power just knowing what air craft the RAF has any help with this would be great

also didnt sell myself very well can anyone give any tips on how to sell yourself

thanks
Surnia
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report 4 months ago
Anything you need to know for the interview can be found on the official RAF sites.

What did you apply for?
Username4000
Badges: 8
Rep:
?
Report 4 months ago
https://assets.publishing.service.go...r_jdp_0_30.pdf
hushpuppie
Rep:
?
thank you
Drewski
Rep:
?
Report 4 months ago
Air power is not just what the aircraft are, but how and why they're used in the way that they are.
threeportdrift
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 4 months ago
(Original post by hushpuppie)
when i had my interview i was told i didnt know enough about air power, is air power just knowing what air craft the RAF has any help with this would be great

also didnt sell myself very well can anyone give any tips on how to sell yourself

thanks
Air Power - think about what aircraft can do that soldiers on the ground or ships can't do. What range, speed of movement, different skills can a country effect with aircraft? How does that help in a conflict or humanitarian situation?

Think about the pro's and cons of the use of aircraft as a tool of government as opposed to land forces or seaborne forces.
hushpuppie
Rep:
?
(Original post by threeportdrift)
Air Power - think about what aircraft can do that soldiers on the ground or ships can't do. What range, speed of movement, different skills can a country effect with aircraft? How does that help in a conflict or humanitarian situation?

Think about the pro's and cons of the use of aircraft as a tool of government as opposed to land forces or seaborne forces.
thank you
Surnia
Rep:
?
Report 4 months ago
No matter how much you know about the RAF, you still need to show your potential in order to succeed at interview. So, what did you apply for and what examples of leadership and positions of responsibility did you give?
Last edited by Surnia; 4 months ago
AscendingWings
Badges: 12
Rep:
?
Report 4 months ago
(Original post by hushpuppie)

thanks
Such a big topic, knowing the aircraft, what they’re used for as well as real examples of where it’s happened. Knowing the roles of air power is key. As well as the attributes. Knowing about both of these and the the effect when used.

Air power is a general term with a specific definition within the RAF, have a read of the linked publication quoted. You can read a lot around this and if you take some key events or operations in the history of the RAF you should be able to identify some key times where the roles and attributes are applicable in certain situations. I won’t give any examples as it’ll help with your research. The RAF website is your friend.

This is a really important document. Have a good read to keep on top of your knowledge.
hushpuppie
Rep:
?
(Original post by AscendingWings)
Such a big topic, knowing the aircraft, what they’re used for as well as real examples of where it’s happened. Knowing the roles of air power is key. As well as the attributes. Knowing about both of these and the the effect when used.

Air power is a general term with a specific definition within the RAF, have a read of the linked publication quoted. You can read a lot around this and if you take some key events or operations in the history of the RAF you should be able to identify some key times where the roles and attributes are applicable in certain situations. I won’t give any examples as it’ll help with your research. The RAF website is your friend.

This is a really important document. Have a good read to keep on top of your knowledge.
thank you
hushpuppie
Rep:
?
(Original post by Drewski)
Air power is not just what the aircraft are, but how and why they're used in the way that they are.
thank you
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Are you travelling in the Uni student travel window (3-9 Dec) to go home for Christmas?

Yes (120)
28.3%
No - I have already returned home (57)
13.44%
No - I plan on travelling outside these dates (83)
19.58%
No - I'm staying at my term time address over Christmas (40)
9.43%
No - I live at home during term anyway (124)
29.25%

Watched Threads

Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise