The Student Room Group

House taken away??

I know this is a student forum but I’m lost.

So my parents have been on the brink of divorcing for quite some time., and honestly me and my siblings have had enough, their fights sometimes physical have affected us a lot mentally and has also affected our academics.

Nearly a year ago my parents were given a council house after 10 years to move into, if my dad decides to leave would the council house be taken away?

I’ve tried to search about it but I can’t seem to get a clear answer on it.
Original post by Anonymous

So my parents have been on the brink of divorcing for quite some time., and honestly me and my siblings have had enough, their fights sometimes physical have affected us a lot mentally and has also affected our academics.

Nearly a year ago my parents were given a council house after 10 years to move into, if my dad decides to leave would the council house be taken away?

Assuming this isn't a troll, since everyone who uses anon is accused of being one. Just seek advice from your relatives.
it wont im pretty sure
Reply 3
Assuming this isn't a troll, since everyone who uses anon is accused of being one. Just seek advice from your relatives.

Im not a troll, I’m not sure who would use this kind of topic to troll anyway.

We don’t have any relatives :/
Reply 4
Original post by Hannah0505
it wont im pretty sure

I hope so.

I’ve found some more info and it looks like as long as it’s joint tenancy it’s fine if one moves out etc, noting much changes other then council tax and some other stuff it seems, still have not much of an idea how it affects it all

But if it comes to one of them refusing to leave it will have to go to court but the council has no say, they let the couple independently sort it out between them on who gets to stay.
Reply 5

No but your mum would have to pay the rent by herself initially

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending