Turn on thread page Beta

I've been offered to **** a woman who cuckolds her husband. I am one part tempted but I also think it's seedy and I would not feel good about myself.
    Am I bad If I go through with it?
    • Wiki Support Team

ReputationRep:
    Wiki Support Team
    "Am I bad?" is a question I cannot (and will not) answer. But she is "bad" for it, and you're only helping her out. In all honesty, the damage is done; she wants to cheat on her husband already for some reason, so perhaps rather than ****ing her you should advise her to save her marriage or let the poor guy out of it as soon as possible. Not quite as romantic, but slightly more practical.

ReputationRep:
    Well if you don't think that you'll feel good about it then I wouldn't do it.

It's up to you really.

(Original post by generalebriety)
    "Am I bad?" is a question I cannot (and will not) answer. But she is "bad" for it, and you're only helping her out. In all honesty, the damage is done; she wants to cheat on her husband already for some reason, so perhaps rather than ****ing her you should advise her to save her marriage or let the poor guy out of it as soon as possible. Not quite as romantic, but slightly more practical.
    It's consensual, he's consented-you know what cuckolding is right(not being flippant)?
    • Wiki Support Team

ReputationRep:
    Wiki Support Team
    (Original post by Anonymous)
    It's consensual, he's consented-you know what cuckolding is right(not being flippant)?
    Actually, I was unsure, because the original meaning of "cuckold" just means "cheat", but recently it's gained connotations of consensual sleeping around. Sorry, I probably should've guessed you meant the latter because you said "cuckold" instead of "cheat"! :o:

I don't know. It's a tricky situation, but I suppose if it's all nicely consensual then the only person at risk of getting hurt is you. But do remember that consent isn't necessarily the same thing as approval - the woman might have suggested it to her husband who will have accepted purely because he didn't want to risk her leaving him. Or she might sleep with you and decide she loves you and (want to) get rid of her husband. Or indeed you might sleep with her and decide you quite like her too, and you can't have her. It's a very dangerous situation.

As long as you can be assured that none of the above three situations will occur, there's nothing morally wrong with it whatsoever.

ReputationRep:
    I might be wrong - but is it actually strictly consensual? I'm sure it could be secretive too?

If you wouldn't feel good about yourself, then don't do it. If it's not your fantasy to do something like that then I'd stay clear and find someone without strings attached.

ReputationRep:
    wtf is cuckolding?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ßlαcksωαn)
    wtf is cuckolding?
    :ditto:

I have never heard of this....

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by generalebriety)
    recently it's gained connotations of consensual sleeping around
    Cuckolding.

ReputationRep:
    wtf is cuckolding?
    Basically abandoning your husband for a younger guy if I recall correctly... I learned that from Chaucer :P I may be wrong though.

ReputationRep:
    As explained above, cuckolding is where one partner (usually the female?) in a relationship sleeps around - in this case with the other partners full knowledge and consent.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by JocastaJackal)
    Basically abandoning your husband for a younger guy if I recall correctly... I learned that from Chaucer :P I may be wrong though.
    ah I see...

ReputationRep:
    ah I see...
    BrotherDown's definition is more accurate, mine's a bit shady.

ReputationRep:
    wtf is cuckolding?
    I read it as cockholding at first haha.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Lucy_88)
    I read it as cockholding at first haha.
    :o: me too
    • Wiki Support Team

ReputationRep:
    Wiki Support Team
    (Original post by smellslikemarmite)
    Cuckolding.
    If you have nothing to add other than "look at me, I know a word", go away.

ReputationRep:
    :o: me too
    And me. I was disappointed when I re-read it I must say.

ReputationRep:
    Seeing as you're questioning whether or not its right to do that, you probably shouldn't.

I personally think its quite a weird thing. I can't see how a guy can go let his wife have sex with someone else. That is unless he's 'cheating' on her too.

ReputationRep:
    to clear something up...

A 'cuckold' is a man whose wife has slept with another man. As far as I know there was never any mention of whether it's consensual or not. In it's classic form, the man would not consent to or know about it. Friends might imply a man was a cuckold by making the sign of a bull's horns in one way or another. It's usually not used in the modern day. You hear it a lot in Chaucer, Shakespeare etc - a man might exclaim 'She made me a cuckold!' or something similar.

To the OP: If you want to, she wants to, you think it's a good idea and no one will get hurt, why not? However the fact that you're displaying doubt kind of suggests you're not entirely comfortable with it, in which case I think you should think really carefully about what you want to do.

When it comes down to it, no one can tell you what you should or shouldn't do. We don't know your situation, how well you know this woman, what this couple is like, what you are like, etc, so we can't answer your dilemmas for you.

As for my opinion on it, if the husband is truly and definitely okay with it, it's not cheating. However I'd still be uncomfortable if I didn't know both partners incredibly well.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by BrotherDown)
    As explained above, cuckolding is where one partner (usually the female?) in a relationship sleeps around - in this case with the other partners full knowledge and consent.
    Now I understand that Simpsons episode :p:

Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: July 30, 2018
Poll
Black Friday: Yay or Nay?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.