thestudent345
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 3 weeks ago
Wore one today going into the local shop. Nasty experience, horrible experience and couldn't even breath
LovelyMrFox
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 3 weeks ago
If you cannot breathe in a facemask, I suggest you call your GP.
thestudent345
Rep:
?
well i obviously could but it steamed up my glasses and it felt nasty
LovelyMrFox
Rep:
?
Report 3 weeks ago
(Original post by thestudent345)
well i obviously could but it steamed up my glasses and it felt nasty
Its not meant to be the greatest experience of your life. But fogged up glasses are much better than catching Covid.
Helloworld_95
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report 3 weeks ago
What has been said already, or alternatively you're using an overengineered mask or an otherwise poor choice of face mask.

Rushing around while wearing some FFP rated masks can be a somewhat restricting experience, but you shouldn't have a problem with a surgical mask or using a knitted scarf as a face covering. It's warm at the moment which makes things a little more difficult, but not to the levels that you're talking about if you have a sensible face covering.
ANM775
Rep:
?
Report 3 weeks ago
Wore one today going into the local shop. Nasty experience, horrible experience and couldn't even breath
estimates are that currently 1 in 3900 people have coronavirus

I think mandatory face mask wearing in shops [at this point] isn't going to do a whole lot of good
thestudent345
Rep:
?
It's not when your not even going to catch covid. Im 27 so won't even get it
Pathway
Rep:
?
Report 3 weeks ago
How do you know you won't get it though? It's also to prevent spread to other people around you.
ANM775
Rep:
?
Report 3 weeks ago

27 year olds can catch it

you are misinformed!
Blue Rookie
Badges: 6
Rep:
?
Report 3 weeks ago
As I do not want to pay a fine, I've also been forced to wear one, but the feeling of not being alone does help. Though I still dislike wearing one, but it is something you and I will just have to deal with, as there is no other alternative.
LovelyMrFox
Rep:
?
Report 3 weeks ago
Young people get it, they are just asymptomatic. You could also have an underlying medical condition you didnt know you had, which could end you up in the hospital. You should also wear it so that you dont spread it to the elderly or the immunocompromised.
UnxperincdAdvice
Rep:
?
Report 3 weeks ago
(Original post by ANM775)
estimates are that currently 1 in 3900 people have coronavirus

I think mandatory face mask wearing in shops [at this point] isn't going to do a whole lot of good
It's setting up for a second wave bud. And yes, face masks would have been very useful 4 months ago but remember the huge PPE struggle? Better get used to the new normal now before people start dropping again.
thestudent345
Rep:
?
(Original post by Pathway)
How do you know you won't get it though? It's also to prevent spread to other people around you.
mate I don't know anyone who has had it or will get it. Its a stupid rule. I saw my friends today and yes we didn't really socially distance. Im following the rules if I have to in public but not in public i couldn't give a **** about it really
Pathway
Rep:
?
Report 3 weeks ago
mate I don't know anyone who has had it or will get it. Its a stupid rule. I saw my friends today and yes we didn't really socially distance. Im following the rules if I have to in public but not in public i couldn't give a **** about it really
You may not think you know anyone with it, but you may come into contact with someone who has it. It's for your protection just as much as everyone else's. What about the vulnerable people you know? Or the elderly people you know? What happens if you or someone you care for has an underlying condition you/they don't know about and they end up severely ill with it or they die?
thestudent345
Rep:
?
You may not think you know anyone with it, but you may come into contact with someone who has it. It's for your protection just as much as everyone else's. What about the vulnerable people you know? Or the elderly people you know? What happens if you or someone you care for has an underlying condition you/they don't know about and they end up severely ill with it or they die?
With people I don't know I am keeping socially distancing. With my 2 friends today that I saw we didn't really keep socially distanced, we didn't hug or anything just sat, had a takeaway but I don't think we sat 1-2 meters apart from each other
Pathway
Rep:
?
Report 3 weeks ago
With people I don't know I am keeping socially distancing. With my 2 friends today that I saw we didn't really keep socially distanced, we didn't hug or anything just sat, had a takeaway but I don't think we sat 1-2 meters apart from each other
Well that's good, but yeah, if you're genuinely struggling to breathe with a mask, then speak to your doctor. There are also hacks you can do to prevent your glasses fogging up, Google them.
thestudent345
Rep:
?
I just want this to be over to be honest
Pathway
Rep:
?
Report 3 weeks ago
I just want this to be over to be honest
Of course, doesn't everyone?
LaPregunta
Badges: 15
Rep:
?
Report 3 weeks ago
Amazin! Look how everyone is presumed sick.
LaPregunta
Badges: 15
Rep:
?
Report 3 weeks ago
(Original post by Blue Rookie)
As I do not want to pay a fine, I've also been forced to wear one, but the feeling of not being alone does help. Though I still dislike wearing one, but it is something you and I will just have to deal with, as there is no other alternative.
Quite like the People's Republic of China
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

What are you most likely to do if you don't get the grades you were expecting?

Go through Clearing (82)
38.68%
Take autumn exams (71)
33.49%
Look for a job (6)
2.83%
Consider an apprenticeship (7)
3.3%
Take a year out (33)
15.57%
Something else (let us know in the thread!) (13)
6.13%

Watched Threads