A Level Spanish IRP Help! Follow-up Questions??

Watch
Ali-liyyah
Badges: 15
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 10 months ago
Hey guys! Hope you’re all good. I’m basing my IRP on women’s rights and whether they can be viewed as liberated or are still subordinated by a highly male-dominated society. I’m really confused on follow-up questions, and how to come up with them. Do I even come up with them, or does my teacher? Does anyone have any examples of what follow-up questions could sound like? Thanks so much in advance x
iracundus
Badges: 11
Rep:
?
Report 10 months ago
(Original post by Ali-liyyah)
Hey guys! Hope you’re all good. I’m basing my IRP on women’s rights and whether they can be viewed as liberated or are still subordinated by a highly male-dominated society. I’m really confused on follow-up questions, and how to come up with them. Do I even come up with them, or does my teacher? Does anyone have any examples of what follow-up questions could sound like? Thanks so much in advance x
Your teacher will ask u questions in the discussion and u won’t know what they are before hand so u don’t need to come up with them.,, it’s testing how well u can have a spontaneous conversation on a hard topic (just one you know so it’s not impossible)
Ali-liyyah
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 10 months ago
Okay thanks so much for your help!
MyLanguageLab
Badges: 12
Rep:
?
Report 10 months ago
(Original post by Ali-liyyah)
Hola,

I can help These are my suggestions with your IRP planning:

1. Start a mind map on a clean sheet of plain paper so that you can brainstorm typical arguments, justifications, social media movements (eg. #metoo), role models, prominent spokeswomen etc. so that you start building up potential sub-themes and avenues of discussion. This allows you to visualise all the different directions your debate can go in and what you'd like to bring up - remember, you're the one choosing the headings so therefore you can direct the conversation so use that to your advantage.

2. Take some flashcards and write a typical question associated with your theme on one side of the flashcard. On the other side, summarise a few possible answers to that question. I call these my 'Model Q&A's'. This will be a continuous process of refining your questions and answers but when you group them together like this in your flashcards, it's easy to edit and visualise your answers which you can then rehearse. These are basically the likely questions you will be asked and that will act as launchpads to your debate and as you justify your opinions.

I have so many other tips but these are some starters. DM me if you need me to explain anything further.

¡Buena suerte!

Drew
Ali-liyyah
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 8 months ago
Hey guys. I hope you're well. I'm still struggling with forming my follow up questions, and my mock IRP is in 2 weeks time ! Can someone help me by giving me an example of a follow up question please? Thanks in advance x
mintvelvet
Badges: 11
Rep:
?
Report 2 months ago
(Original post by MyLanguageLab)
Hola,

I can help These are my suggestions with your IRP planning:

1. Start a mind map on a clean sheet of plain paper so that you can brainstorm typical arguments, justifications, social media movements (eg. #metoo), role models, prominent spokeswomen etc. so that you start building up potential sub-themes and avenues of discussion. This allows you to visualise all the different directions your debate can go in and what you'd like to bring up - remember, you're the one choosing the headings so therefore you can direct the conversation so use that to your advantage.

2. Take some flashcards and write a typical question associated with your theme on one side of the flashcard. On the other side, summarise a few possible answers to that question. I call these my 'Model Q&A's'. This will be a continuous process of refining your questions and answers but when you group them together like this in your flashcards, it's easy to edit and visualise your answers which you can then rehearse. These are basically the likely questions you will be asked and that will act as launchpads to your debate and as you justify your opinions.

I have so many other tips but these are some starters. DM me if you need me to explain anything further.

¡Buena suerte!

Drew
Hey do you have any other tips for IRP stuff? I have done all my research, written my presentation and am currently working on model Q&As
maiaeverest
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
hi I'm probably too late but is there any chance you could show me some of your work? my IRP is about a similar topic and I have no clue how to structure it
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Should the school day be extended to help students catch up?

Yes (21)
31.82%
No (45)
68.18%

Watched Threads