If my loan does not come through in time.. Watch

C_D
Badges: 0
Report Thread starter 10 years ago
Hey,

I was very silly and only got my student loan application off a couple of weeks ago so im worried my loan will not come through in time.

If this is the case, will i just get a bill from the university for my tuition fees, and if so, what happens if i pay this and my loan then kicks in, do i loose that money or will that part of the loan go into my bank account?

If it is of any use i am going to Loughborough University.

Cheers
Puma
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
If it does not come throguh in time you can:
A) Use your student over draft
B) Speak to the uni and see what they can do in terms of waiting for it to coem though.

Have you had your final decision from the Student Loans Company?
C_D
I havent had the final decision yet, no.

I have no problem paying for the tuition fee's should the loan not come through, but im saying what happens when the loan does come through, will they just pay the rest of them as normal and just forget about the first one because ive already paid it?
Puma
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
Speak to your uni, they will decide on a course of action.
C_D
Ive tried phoning the finance department but they are not open untill the 4th September, which feels a little late to be sorting it out. I guess ill just have to wait though. Like i said, theres no issue paying it if the loan doesnt come through its just my parents are freaking out a bit because they want to get it all sorted.
Misc
Badges: 9
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
are you applying for a maintenance loan/ grant aswell? or JUST tution fees?
Holden111
Report 10 years ago
Hello!
I have the same doubt!
The deadline for my payment is today. I'm not able to get the loan now, because i applied only on the middle of august, but i don't have any problem to pay the first part of the loan with my own money. But i want to know if i can have my money "back" , or if i'll have from the SLC only the rest of money i need to finish to pay the tuition fee.
I asked this thing to my university, but they don't have replied yet.
I think they are a bit busy.
If someone here know something , i will be really glad to listen a answer...:woo:
G
C_D
(Original post by Misc)
are you applying for a maintenance loan/ grant aswell? or JUST tution fees?
Both.
Ezekiel
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
they come through after you register ... so it will be a bit late neway
ccharlyy
Badges: 9
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
Tuition fee's are not taken until february. There is very little chance that they will be THIS late processing your tuition fee loan, so you should be ok.

The bigger problem is likely to be your maintanance loan, which might be late. If you dont already have one i recommend you get an overdraft on your account, and use this until your loan comes through!

Hope that helps
x
nayiseda
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
sorry to hijack the thread but what i've already applied for tuition fee loans and it's all confirmed, so if I applied for the maintenance loan now, when would it be confirmed approximately? Would the fact that i've already applied (i.e. got an art ID etc) lessen the time?
Notrab
Report 10 years ago
(Original post by nayiseda)
sorry to hijack the thread but what i've already applied for tuition fee loans and it's all confirmed, so if I applied for the maintenance loan now, when would it be confirmed approximately? Would the fact that i've already applied (i.e. got an art ID etc) lessen the time?
I'd love to know this aswel
X

Reply to thread

Attached files
Write a reply...
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Black Friday: Yay or Nay?

I LOVE a Black Friday deal (364)
46.08%
Nah, Black Friday is pointless (243)
30.76%
I don't have an opinion (183)
23.16%

Watched Threads