The Student Room Group

Grade Predictions! (AS Level)

Basically, i've just completed my AS level and got ****ty grades.

CCD.

I'm really worried about the predicted grades, and i know that i can at least boost all my grades up to BBB with retakes and combined with the work i'll do in A2, i'll probably end up with ABB - which is enough for the courses that i want to take.

Is there anyway to convince teachers to go easy on my predicted grades? Do they take into consideration that i'll be taking retakes?

What if they predict me CCC, then i get ABB? What then?! :cry:
Reply 1
If they predict you CCC then no unis that have BBB offers will give you a chance. Predicted grades are crucial for people with rubbish grades.
as much as i tend to disagree with the things wollsmoth tends to say he is quite right. i got BCD at AS. managed to convince my teachers to predict me bcd. not an awful lot of help though as i got ABB at A level.

my advice is to beg. a lot! if you do achieve far higher then you're predicted grades you may well have to take a year out and reapply another year
im in the same position - ive got abb for as and i knooww i can came out with aaa but they'll only predict me abb but they predicted me dde for as! and i felt quite cocky telling them that I was sure I could get aaa for a levels if i did some work lol

anyway, because i wanna apply to really good unis, I'm going to apply during my gap year, not ideal but my teachers havn't left me with much choice :tongue: you could do the same, just get all your personal statement out of the way now...at least when you get offers they'll be unconditional

Latest

Trending

Trending