Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    Achhhh. Any fans of Anathema on TSR? In my opinion, they are one of the best contemporary British bands. Not so keen on their earlier doom stuff, but everything from 'Eternity' onwards has been well good, esp. esp. essssp. 'Judgement'; that album is :-o!

They've just released a stop-gap acoustic album called 'Hindsight', which contains acoustic versions of some of their classic songs. You can hear some of 'em here - http://www.kscopemusic.com/anathema/ Just listening to them now. They sound tremendous. For some reason, the words 'reflective' and 'contemplative' enter my head when I listen to this band.

Ahhh, I love Anathema. Please be some more Anathema fans on TSR, pleeeeease!

ReputationRep:
    I am thoroughly disappointed... :yep:

ReputationRep:
    I only have 'A Natural Disaster' which I think is fantastic.

Was about to say that they had better hurry up and release a proper new album then realised that one isn't actually that far away

ReputationRep:
    I really like 'A Natural Disaster', especially the song 'Are You There?'... Really reminds me of Sigur Rós.

ReputationRep:
    A Natural Disaster is one of the best releases by any band ever...

Pulled Under and Violence are SO GOOD.

ReputationRep:
    Ahh, man, you really have to hear 'Judgement' if you've not already. That album totally blows 'A Natural Disaster' out of the water, seriously.

ReputationRep:
    I've got it mate, listen to it on a regular basis lol. I have all their albums.

ReputationRep:
    The only time ive heard any of their music is when they were supporting Porcupine Tree at Leeds last year, but i was impressed, i might try one of their albums actually...

ReputationRep:
    Ahh, yeah, I was gonna go to that gig. Wasn't it an acoustic set they played?

Wouldn't mind seeing them on the upcoming joint tour with My Dying Bride and Paradise Lost, though I'll probably wait to see them play a full set on their tour in November, aye.

ReputationRep:
    What's wrong with the doom??? Totally underrated...and from Merseyside too :yes:

ReputationRep:
    Nothing's wrong with the doom stuff, it's just not to my taste. Oh, except for 'Sleepless', of course.

How's things anyway, RJA? We have a gig in London on 17th October, supporting Skaldic Curse, if you wanna pop along...

ReputationRep:
    Is that Hypothermia gig still on??

ReputationRep:
    I think Drakkar pulled out of backing it because it was becoming too much of a hassle, which sucks. I know that Rich (Lyrinx guitarist) wants to still arrange it, but it's looking pretty slim now. Really gutted; don't see why it proved difficult for Drakkar to put on...

ReputationRep:
    Bugger, I was looking forward to that. I will be along on the 17th anyway

ReputationRep:
    Nice one, bro. Come and say hello before/after we've played.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Atomik)
    Ahh, yeah, I was gonna go to that gig. Wasn't it an acoustic set they played?
    Nope. I cant remember much, but i remember they played a very proggy track which had some crazy talking on a backing track throughout the whole track. Was cool :cool:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by oasis13)
    Nope. I cant remember much, but i remember they played a very proggy track which had some crazy talking on a backing track throughout the whole track. Was cool :cool:
    Aye, that song is called hindsight. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9hEEH...e=channel_page I videoed that at the manchester gig a while ago, when they supported porcupine tree (I saw Anathema another time with demains supporting them). Danny is such a nice bloke.

They make a gig have such an atmosphere. Next time they're back in my neck of the woods I'll deffinitely see them again! (danny promised they were doing liverpool some time in '09!!! Hopefully I won't need to get the coach/train up to manchester^^)

Poll
Did you get less than your required grades and still get into university?
Useful resources

Articles:

TSR wiki music section

Quick link:

Unanswered music threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.