Excess of sodium! Watch

Kagutsuchi
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 10 years ago
I love eating these Chinese Instant noodles which has a sodium intake of 1900mg!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Can i still eat them but with lots of water? :yep:

What are the symptoms of excess sodium? Not severe symptoms, but will it increase the fat intake?
Bennyboy65
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
servere excess of sodium can block your veins causing them to swell, making you fatter! Sodium dehydrates u thats why its only recommended to have 6g a day. Thats almost a third of it!!!
meathead1987
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
1900mg sodium is almost al your days allowance. You shouldn;t be eating that crap!
ch0c0h01ic
Badges: 17
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
(Original post by Bennyboy65)
servere excess of sodium can block your veins causing them to swell, making you fatter!

Sodium dehydrates u thats why its only recommended to have 6g a day. Thats almost a third of it!!!
Excess sodium intake can cause increased water retention, high blood pressure/hypotension, etc.

It does not block your veins or make you fatter, I think you've got it mixed up with saturated fats.
ChJaRo
Report 10 years ago
I think i need to decrease salt intake slightly. My friend started to and he said it helped to make his skin more tight I think, is that something to do with water retention?
ryan*TANK
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
agreed with meathead.....i wouldnt' go over 3g personally

government standards....they compromise, they know how bad everyones diets are.....they wont set unrealistic targets...so they say 6g

same with fruits....you need atleast 8 a day....government knows you're average person wont even give a **** so they set it to 5
ryan*TANK
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
agreed with meathead.....i wouldnt' go over 3g personally

government standards....they compromise, they know how bad everyones diets are.....they wont set unrealistic targets...so they say 6g

same with fruits....you need atleast 8 a day....government knows you're average person wont even give a **** so they set it to 5
Bennyboy65
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
(Original post by ch0c0h01ic)
Excess sodium intake can cause increased water retention, high blood pressure/hypotension, etc.

It does not block your veins or make you fatter, I think you've got it mixed up with saturated fats.
i watched that on a tv program lol. O well my bad!
X

Reply to thread

Attached files
Write a reply...
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Do you like exams?

Yes (133)
18.4%
No (439)
60.72%
Not really bothered about them (151)
20.89%

Watched Threads