The Student Room Group

Marcus Rashford the youngest person to be awarded an honorary degree!

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/53414563
And quite right too. Another great young black role model as well!
(edited 3 years ago)
Footballers often get critised for everything they do, but Marcus Rashford has used his platform in a great way and thoroughly deserves this! Not only is he a role model to younger children but also to other footballers IMO.
I actually got a little emotional when I heard this news this morning. What he’s done over the past year or so is nothing short of amazing.

A couple of years ago Manchester United felt like a club that had lost its soul. With Rooney and Zlatan gone and most players putting no effort in and just taking the money it was often discussed that there was nobody for the kids to look up to. Who would they try to be like playing footy on the playground at school? Who would they hang posters of and get on the back of their shirts like we did with Cantona and Beckham and Ronaldo? There were really no more heroes.

Marcus Rashford has broken through and become the hero we were crying out for. He’s not only been performing at a top level but his contributions to our community and fighting to change people’s lives for the better has been outstanding. Both in terms of the highly publicised work he’s done nationally on child poverty and the quieter work visiting children in the hospital, donating signed shirts for charities and contributing to initiatives to fund school football across Manchester through MU Foundation. He deserves all of the honours and accolades that he gets! ❤️
Reply 3
Original post by IanDangerously
I actually got a little emotional when I heard this news this morning. What he’s done over the past year or so is nothing short of amazing.

A couple of years ago Manchester United felt like a club that had lost its soul. With Rooney and Zlatan gone and most players putting no effort in and just taking the money it was often discussed that there was nobody for the kids to look up to. Who would they try to be like playing footy on the playground at school? Who would they hang posters of and get on the back of their shirts like we did with Cantona and Beckham and Ronaldo? There were really no more heroes.

Marcus Rashford has broken through and become the hero we were crying out for. He’s not only been performing at a top level but his contributions to our community and fighting to change people’s lives for the better has been outstanding. Both in terms of the highly publicised work he’s done nationally on child poverty and the quieter work visiting children in the hospital, donating signed shirts for charities and contributing to initiatives to fund school football across Manchester through MU Foundation. He deserves all of the honours and accolades that he gets! ❤️

Yes, he achieved in 5 mins what the government were taking months to achieve!

Quick Reply

Latest