Anyone have any good breakfast alternatives?

Watch
Mesopotamian.
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 4 weeks ago
I usually have a very boring breakfast of buttered whole meal toast, but I'm not too keen on it at the moment.

Anyone have some good sugar-free breakfast alternatives?
DrawTheLine
Badges: 22
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
(Original post by Mesopotamian.)
I usually have a very boring breakfast of buttered whole meal toast, but I'm not too keen on it at the moment.

I used to regularly make overnight oats for breakfast. Oats, milk, yoghurt and cinnamon mixed together and put into a airtight container overnight. Then in the morning I added various fruits/nuts/seeds to it. Incredibly filling and very healthy.
Mesopotamian.
Rep:
?
(Original post by DrawTheLine)
I used to regularly make overnight oats for breakfast. Oats, milk, yoghurt and cinnamon mixed together and put into a airtight container overnight. Then in the morning I added various fruits/nuts/seeds to it. Incredibly filling and very healthy.
That sounds good, thanks for the inspiration! I've never really had oats for breakfast but I know lots of people rave about it so maybe it's time I gave it a chance
DrawTheLine
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
That sounds good, thanks for the inspiration! I've never really had oats for breakfast but I know lots of people rave about it so maybe it's time I gave it a chance
I always had it before work as I knew I wouldn't be eating for 5-6 hours and it never failed to fill me up and give me energy for the day. I also recommend crumpets as they're quite filling too. I topped mine with Nutella but there are definitely healthier and sugar-free options
Mesopotamian.
Rep:
?
I always had it before work as I knew I wouldn't be eating for 5-6 hours and it never failed to fill me up and give me energy for the day. I also recommend crumpets as they're quite filling too. I topped mine with Nutella but there are definitely healthier and sugar-free options
Crumpets sounds like a good shout too! Thank you :h:
Surnia
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
Eggs! Boiled, omelette with veg (tomato, mushrooms, spinach), scrambled with spinach or salmon.

Or something like mackerel and spinach on toast.
Sabertooth
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
I also recommend crumpets as they're quite filling too. I topped mine with Nutella but there are definitely healthier and sugar-free options
Treason! Crumpets should only be served dripping with butter.

I like your overnight oats idea btw - do you need to cook them?
yzanne
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
avo on toast?

i hate avo but it's a popular choice. :yep:
Mesopotamian.
Rep:
?
(Original post by yzanne)
avo on toast?

i hate avo but it's a popular choice. :yep:
Avocado tastes like smashed pistachio to me :lol: (Not that I mind pistachios but it makes for a weird texture)
DrawTheLine
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
(Original post by Sabertooth)
Treason! Crumpets should only be served dripping with butter.

I like your overnight oats idea btw - do you need to cook them?
Nope! Just mix the oats, yoghurt, milk and cinnamon (if you fancy) together then pop in your container overnight. You can heat them up in the morning if you want but I liked mine cold. Then just add your fruit etc. It's so easy and perfect for when you don't have time in the mornings but still want a decent breakfast. Takes literally about 3 minutes to make in the evening too so it is very little effort.
rxyaltyx
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
pitta bread, carrots, and cucumber with houmous?
Sabertooth
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
Nope! Just mix the oats, yoghurt, milk and cinnamon (if you fancy) together then pop in your container overnight. You can heat them up in the morning if you want but I liked mine cold. Then just add your fruit etc. It's so easy and perfect for when you don't have time in the mornings but still want a decent breakfast. Takes literally about 3 minutes to make in the evening too so it is very little effort.
That's awesome. I could do that and bring it to work with me to eat. Thank you! :five:
DrawTheLine
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
(Original post by Sabertooth)
That's awesome. I could do that and bring it to work with me to eat. Thank you! :five:
Yep I did that a few times! I got a little red pot from Asda, think it was the Sistema brand. Technically a soup pot but it is perfect for overnight oats. Small enough to fit in a bag and can be microwaved too if you want to heat it up :yep:
Sabertooth
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
Yep I did that a few times! I got a little red pot from Asda, think it was the Sistema brand. Technically a soup pot but it is perfect for overnight oats. Small enough to fit in a bag and can be microwaved too if you want to heat it up :yep:
I have some little plastic screw top ice cream containers, they would be perfect. I'm so excited to make this for tomorrow! It's 12.48pm and I haven't eaten yet as I don't have time in the mornings.

PRSOM.
Ye Olde Tavern
Badges: 7
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago

BREAKFAST BANANA Bars.
Mesopotamian.
Rep:
?
(Original post by rxyaltyx)
pitta bread, carrots, and cucumber with houmous?
That’s a good idea, I’ll try that whenever my mum makes houmous :^_^:
Griffby
Badges: 11
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
Currently I've been having: a dollop of flavoured youghurt (like passion fruit, or plum), coated with sugar free granola, and some chopped fruit and honey over the top
Mesopotamian.
Rep:
?
(Original post by Ye Olde Tavern)
BREAKFAST BANANA Bars.
Don’t breakfast bars usually have sugar 🤔
Mesopotamian.
Rep:
?
(Original post by Griffby)
Currently I've been having: a dollop of flavoured youghurt (like passion fruit, or plum), coated with sugar free granola, and some chopped fruit and honey over the top
Wow that’s creative!
Ye Olde Tavern
Badges: 7
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
Don’t breakfast bars usually have sugar 🤔
Most do, but when I typed 'sugar-free breakfast' into Google, this was one of the results.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

How do you feel about your grades? Are they...

What I expected (109)
25.53%
Better than expected (90)
21.08%
Worse than expected (228)
53.4%

Watched Threads