Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    I'd do any arts course -- Slavonic Studies included -- at Oxford if they'd let me in.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by jismith1989)
    I'd do any arts course -- Slavonic Studies included -- at Oxford if they'd let me in.
    prestige whore..lol.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by prospectivEEconomist)
    prestige whore..lol.
    :yep: Well, to be honest it's the not the prestige that would clinch it. I just like the idea of tutorials where you really get explore your subject and fact that it has colleges where you can form bonds with the people around you: I'd be excited by any subject in that environment (I'm a geek!). Oh, and I'm slightly bitter. :p:

ReputationRep:
    just do the law conversion, as you planned I think?

ReputationRep:
    just do the law conversion, as you planned I think?
    That's the plan!

If it doesn't happen, plan B is to kill myself or I may go for plan C which is to finally accept my lot and acquiesce in obscurity and professional failure. :eek:

ReputationRep:
    hmm...you can go to any of the other top law schools to be honest, but then again you want to enter an area which you need an oxbridge degree for?

ReputationRep:
    hmm...you can go to any of the other top law schools to be honest, but then again you want to enter an area which you need an oxbridge degree for?
    To reach the upper echelons of human rights law, which I would quite like to do, an Oxbridge degree seems all but a requirement, so that's the ultimate goal. But obviously if it doesn't work out then I'll just have to set my sights lower -- I might even do the one-year GDL instead of a degree just to save time, if I don't think that a degree from wherever would carry that much kudos over and above that anyway.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by lilangel890)
    Entry details
    Typical offer for:
    A Levels AAB - BBC

She shouldn't do with her results in sig
    I was predicted AAA and got rejected there. You can never tell.

• create my feed
  • edit my feed
Poll
Have you ever experienced bullying?
Useful resources
Uni match

Applying to uni?

Our tool will help you find the perfect course

Articles:

Debate and current affairs guidelinesDebate and current affairs wiki

Quick link:

Educational debate unanswered threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.