Does Quizlet work in the long-run, or written cue cards?

Watch
Anonymousamie
Badges: 17
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 2 weeks ago
Hiya! I'm in Year 12 and since September I've been using Quizlet for things like small tests in class and just whenever I'm unsure of a certain topic and need to recover it.
However, over the summer I intend to make/complete revision resources for all of my subjects, so I'm not sure whether it's reliable long-term?
So far, I've achieved high marks in tests after using it and I'm hoping it will come in handy with memorising statistics, but would it be best to write flashcards out instead?
Thanks!

Moonbow
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 2 weeks ago
I use Memrise, which is very similar. It is perfect for learning vocabulary but it’s reliability really depends on which course you take. If it is an official list provided by Quizlet, it should be perfect. However, if it has been made by a third party member and you are using their course be prepared for some spelling errors or typos along the way. Overall though, it is best used for vocabulary but of course you are going to need some notes on also grammar points and such to get the highest marks
Good luck!
rxyaltyx
Rep:
?
Report 2 weeks ago
i personally prefer written flashcards but you should try both out and see what works for you
Anonymousamie
Badges: 17
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 2 weeks ago
(Original post by Moonbow)
I use Memrise, which is very similar. It is perfect for learning vocabulary but it’s reliability really depends on which course you take. If it is an official list provided by Quizlet, it should be perfect. However, if it has been made by a third party member and you are using their course be prepared for some spelling errors or typos along the way. Overall though, it is best used for vocabulary but of course you are going to need some notes on also grammar points and such to get the highest marks
Good luck!
Thank you ! I'm making the sets from scratch, but completely agree about the spelling errors because I type quickly and keep making them agh! Haven't heard of Memrise before, I'll be sure to try it out.
Moonbow
Rep:
?
Report 2 weeks ago
(Original post by Anonymousamie)
Thank you ! I'm making the sets from scratch, but completely agree about the spelling errors because I type quickly and keep making them agh! Haven't heard of Memrise before, I'll be sure to try it out.
Wow! I know how long that can take so I commend that! Memrise is very similar to quizlet, but try and stick with quizlet so you don’t get your resources in a tangle, speaking from experience
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

How will you be receiving your results?

Going into school to pick them up (192)
33.39%
Receiving them online / by email (288)
50.09%
I still don't know (95)
16.52%

Watched Threads

Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise