Living in Watch

Emjabr
Badges: 0
Report Thread starter 10 years ago
Hi, At which colleges can you live in after your 1st year, either for 1 more year, or for years 2 and 3? I'm looking at Bailey colleges mainly, though others would be interesting too. Thanks!
WokSz
Badges: 17
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
Well, I think it would be harder at Bailey Colleges as they tend to be smaller. I've heard you can at St. Aidan's and H & B.
generic hybrid
Badges: 15
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
A fair amount of people live in during their final year, but it is much harder to live in in your second as freshers and final years get priority.
bravenewcentury
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
Unless you have special circumstances which mean you'd need to stay in college I really wouldn't recommend living in for your second year. The overwhelming majority live out in second year, so you'd have very few, if any, of your year-mates around, and living out rocks! You get to cook and eat your own food that isn't mass-produced, calorie-laden slop, at whatever time of the day you like, you get to have your own living room, you pay much less than in college (as long as you get a decent landlord and budget properly), you might even get a garden, you can throw parties and generally pretend to be a grown up!
*River
Badges: 15
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
Living in for the duration of your degree is more likely to be an option if you choose a Hill college, as the Bailey ones tend to have fewer spaces for non-freshers. It's cheaper to live out though, as well as being a chance to avoid mass-produced food (unless you pick Butler or certain options within Cuth's)
sidekick
Badges: 11
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
Also i think it tends to be more convenient living out - when you're in college you're generally limited to being there only during term time, and have to clear out your room at the end of every term (except in certain circumstances). Living out you'll have your house/flat for the holidays, and a bit of either summer depending on your contract. I can tell I'm going to miss being able to decide when I go home rather than being chucked out of college...
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

University open days

• Durham University
    Pre-Application Open Days Undergraduate
    Mon, 1 Jul '19
  • Durham University
    Sat, 6 Jul '19
  • Durham University
    Fri, 20 Sep '19

Are you chained to your phone?