Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    I'm thinking it would benefit those imminently starting their LPC (i start on friday at CoL Moorgate eek) if those who have already done it can share their pearls of wisdom?? i.e tips to survive the boredom/hints for how to organise your work throughout term that make it easier to revise/what not to bother too much with etc

obviously the advice will vary depending on where you studied...but i guess anything could be useful!!

Spill....
    xx

ReputationRep:
    drink

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by chocmonster)
    I'm thinking it would benefit those imminently starting their LPC (i start on friday at CoL Moorgate eek) if those who have already done it can share their pearls of wisdom?? i.e tips to survive the boredom/hints for how to organise your work throughout term that make it easier to revise/what not to bother too much with etc

obviously the advice will vary depending on where you studied...but i guess anything could be useful!!

Spill....
    xx
    Did my LPC at BPP law school Manchester. Just general advice:

1.Buy about 6 massive ring binders - Your going to get a lot of material

2.Concentrate on the LPC - It is a very intense course, work hard, you can play later.

3.Prepare for SGS/Seminars - Do the work, you'll normally be asked to spend roughly 3 hours prep for each one. (I had 4 SGSs a week) DO THE PREP. Otherwise you'll look like a melon not knowing the answers, and you won't learn as much!

4.Bring a BIG bag on your first day - There will be a lot of materials handed out on the first day!

5.If you have a TC, work, cause if you fail a module, you may lose it!

6.If you don't have a TC, work, work, work, you paid for it, and DESERVE THIS! Also try to do extra activities such as pro-bono work. LEAVE TC APPS TILL AFTER THE COURSE! You simply won't have the time to do apps, and you've got enough worries already!

7.Don't get distracted, you've worked sooooooooo hard at school, college, uni, and now this, this is YOUR LAST ACADEMIC HURDLE, don't SCREW IT UP!

8.Good luck!

I got a 'distinction' on my LPC for the record.

ReputationRep:
    PLEASE: it's "you're" not "your"!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by chalks)
    PLEASE: it's "you're" not "your"!
    ROFL, I'm just waiting for me more people to mention it before I have to use the dreaded ' and letter 'e'.

Poll
Did you get less than your required grades and still get into university?
Useful resources

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.