The Student Room Group
Original post by Noahjack99
- Hey guys! I am going to apply for Medicine at Dnipro! Do you have any information or experience? Also, should I go through agency?

Hello! I was thinking to apply for dentistry but I have change my mind .The only thing that I can tell you is that this institute does not have a good reputation at all. Firstly it’s not a university it’s an institute which means that you will become a doctor from a technical school. And of course you will not have the same opportunities as others who have finish universities. They use some classrooms in a University but that does not mean that it’s a university.
Also no one has register with the GMC in years. That’s really strange.
I have no clue if you have to go through agency but I guess even If yes they are obliged to tell you that the institute is the best.
Reply 2
Original post by Sarahp2000
Hello! I was thinking to apply for dentistry but I have change my mind .The only thing that I can tell you is that this institute does not have a good reputation at all. Firstly it’s not a university it’s an institute which means that you will become a doctor from a technical school. And of course you will not have the same opportunities as others who have finish universities. They use some classrooms in a University but that does not mean that it’s a university.
Also no one has register with the GMC in years. That’s really strange.
I have no clue if you have to go through agency but I guess even If yes they are obliged to tell you that the institute is the best.

I see. In the beginning I had in my mind that the prices are super good and the cost of living in Dnipro is 62% lower than in London. But tbh If I knew that my doctor has finish technical school I am not sure if I would trust him the same. Also I ve search many things about the city like nightlife safety etc and I would not recommend it.
I see. In the beginning I had in my mind that the prices are super good and the cost of living in Dnipro is 62% lower than in London. But tbh If I knew that my doctor has finish technical school I am not sure if I would trust him the same. Also I ve search many things about the city like nightlife safety etc and I would not recommend it.

Trust me it does not worth . I cant recommend you something else cause I gave up after and I really do not know how to help you .
Reply 4
Trust me it does not worth . I cant recommend you something else cause I gave up after and I really do not know how to help you .

Thanks for the advise Sarah ! The information was really helpful !
It’s a medical school. In Ukraine, the law states that if a university teaches one subject, for example, medicine, they call it an institute or academy. If a university teaches many subjects like art, architecture, business, biology, physics, maths, etc., they call it a university.

So, Dnipro Medical Institute is an institute because they focus on medicine, but a branch of medicine is dental medicine (an umbrella beneath medicine). They’re only teaching one subject.

Another thing to note, academies are government owned and institutes are private-owned.

What’s important is that this is a higher education institution and equal as any other high education institution, whether academy or institute or university in Ukraine. I'm really not sure what you're trying to get at with "technical school". Never heard of this term nor is it officially used anywhere.

Outside of Ukraine, your degree is a higher education degree, which is bachelor, masters and PhD, and that is what they’re accredited to grant. So, by law, you’ll receive an MD (Doctor of Medicine) degree with a masters.

There are people applying to GMC this year as only recently have british people gone back to the university. The problem isn't when they get registered, its is if they do get registered as the GMC subject doctors to many quality checks over their course of employment. So find comfort and assurance that there are people from this university.

I don't know where the rumour has come about that the university doesn't own rooms? It has its own building.. You can go to the university's own deans office. Absolute rubbish source of information. To add onto it, "doesn't have good reputation at all", where is your source of information for that? Again, absolute rubbish.

In terms of using an agency, yes I would use one. Medlink students are the exclusive agency for dnipro medical institute, its hard to do it without an agency. A lot of documentation and support over the years, many of us couldn't have done it without the guidance/experience of an agency on the ground.

As a current student in dnipro, I don't drink but nightlife seems very lively haha. Also safety is like any other city.

Last thing sarah, all I ask is for you to comment on things with proper sources and information and proofs. And to provide them, as these are people's futures. Let's not go off of whims.
Hello! I know the difference between institute and university. The reason that they’re not equal is because university gives you a board knowledge.
According to the Cambridge Dictionary they use this term officially and everywhere. I can’t say that it’s a rumor. The reason I start to think go to Ukraine it’s because we have family friends that they’ve graduated from another Uni. It’s in the capital. Originally they are from Ukraine. I think that I would trust more people who are originally from this country and have big experience in that field, plus they just advised me because they care about my future.
Haha ok I don’t drink either. About nightlife I just express my opinion. Doesn’t mean that you are wrong.
Anyway, everyone have his own experience. Good luck in everything you do :smile:
The government in Ukraine says what is the difference between Institute and University... not Cambridge Dictionary... You teach 2 or more subjects you are university, you teach 1 you are an institute or academy... simple as that, it has nothing to do with
Original post by Comeonbrahh
Absolute rubbish source of information. To add onto it, "doesn't have good reputation at all", where is your source of information for that? Again, absolute rubbish.

In terms of using an agency, yes I would use one. Medlink students are the exclusive agency for dnipro medical institute, its hard to do it without an agency. A lot of documentation and support over the years, many of us couldn't have done it without the guidance/experience of an agency on the ground.

Last thing sarah, all I ask is for you to comment on things with proper sources and information and proofs. And to provide them, as these are people's futures. Let's not go off of whims.

Here we go, another affiliated student/ employee of an agency, adveritsing you to use one.

Its not hard to do at all without an agency, simply speak to the university and check if they approve your qualifications, then get your documents apostilled and translated and send them off.

As you are either affiliated with/ employed by an agency you are a clearly biased and may say anything which wioll result in the agency getting more money.

These are peoples futures, so lets not go off the biased words of an affiliate/employee who wants to take your money.
I have no clue with which agency can you go where (I have very close family friends so I would not need extra help) but I know the concept. If you chose an agency to support you it's not that bad. I mean If you have money and you wanna feel secure why not . But.... to have an agency that trying to convince you about university's level that it's high and in the reality it's not that's unacceptable.
Reply 10
Original post by Anonymous
Here we go, another affiliated student/ employee of an agency, adveritsing you to use one.

Its not hard to do at all without an agency, simply speak to the university and check if they approve your qualifications, then get your documents apostilled and translated and send them off.

As you are either affiliated with/ employed by an agency you are a clearly biased and may say anything which wioll result in the agency getting more money.

These are peoples futures, so lets not go off the biased words of an affiliate/employee who wants to take your money.

ha-ha so visible that is "affiliated student/ employee of an agency." I ve heard many times about what agencies are doing but I never had it in my mind , probably because I was not interested before. But there are cases that are really happy and it was really helpful for them to go through agency .Of course I will not mention the agency's name. Anyway , I care more about Universities than the agencies.
Original post by Anonymous

I am wondering , why they don't block these accounts from the moment that it's visible that they work for agencies.? And yes that's our future, because if i would not have my family's friends over there I would be lost and probably I would choose an agency to study at Dnipro. But they are in that field and I was informed really well. And I trust more people's experience and local's opinion than someone who works for an agency.
Reply 12
Tbh Sarah, after your comments I start to search about Dnipro. I don't know you and I wanted to give a second chance. And you were right, no one is really satisfied. I was informed that you can go there through agency called Medlink and many of them believe that they will help you to find a job but it's just promises.
Tbh Sarah, after your comments I start to search about Dnipro. I don't know you and I wanted to give a second chance. And you were right, no one is really satisfied. I was informed that you can go there through agency called Medlink and many of them believe that they will help you to find a job but it's just promises.

It’s gmc registered and who said they aren’t satisfied?
I know already 5 who aren't satisfied.
I know already 5 who aren't satisfied.

Not satisfied about what
Original post by Angelswiz
Not satisfied about what

the agency the uni (professors etc) .
Hello, I applied to Dnipro this year with Medlinkstudents. They helped me with everything and I totally recommend you to be in touch with them. Also, Dnipro is like every university and it is not as they are saying to you. Many doctors are graduating every year and they are pursuing their career normally. The name it as an institute because it teaches one subject
Original post by Yochahine
Hello, I applied to Dnipro this year with Medlinkstudents. They helped me with everything and I totally recommend you to be in touch with them. Also, Dnipro is like every university and it is not as they are saying to you. Many doctors are graduating every year and they are pursuing their career normally. The name it as an institute because it teaches one subject

Everyone has different standards. I wish you good luck !!! :smile:

Latest