International Applicants Watch

Agneisse
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 10 years ago
I currently live in the USA, but I've been looking into Cambridge's Natural Sciences (Bio) course and it looks awesome. I understand that the interview's an integral part of the application process, and that Cambridge generally only holds interviews in Hong Kong/China, Malaysia and Singapore (and on-site). It's going to be unlikely that I can get myself to any of those places for interview (assuming I get one, of course), so does anyone know if exceptions (e.g. phone interviews?) have been made in the past? Are particular colleges more accommodating to such cases than others? If I end up submitting my application after 20th September (teacher who's writing my rec has been dragging her feet), does this mean that no such accommodations would be possible?

Thanks in advance! (:
Napalm
Badges: 0
Report 10 years ago
Ah a fellow American applicant, finally . I wonder if there are others out there..

As far as interviews go, there are some colleges that do conduct phone interviews if it would be absolutely impossible for you to make it to Cambridge. You'd have to ring up the colleges you are interested in and ask about their policies. As for the deadline for over-seas interviews, the colleges I spoke with did seem to be quite firm on sticking to it.
~Peachy~
Badges: 0
Report 10 years ago
I know a guy who was phone interviewed. He was accepted to Robinson.
I know Trinity doesn't , though
I assume the more international-friendly, tad less popular colleges would be more flexible on the matter.

x
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Did you get less than your required grades and still get into university?

Yes (52)
29.89%
No - I got the required grades (100)
57.47%
No - I missed the required grades and didn't get in (22)
12.64%

Watched Threads