Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    i was just wondering if anyone here goes to Whitley Bay High School sixthform and could tell me (truthfully) what the school is like, because I am currently thinking of moving to that school and just want to get more information about the school before i make the big decision. I am thinking of taking science, so what are the science teachers like? and also, are yous put into sets for each subject? and basically would you recommend that I come to this school? Thankyou ever so much!

ReputationRep:
    I go to the Sixth Form at the minute. In my honest opinion it is brilliant. The teachers are really committed, you can always ask for help, no matter what subject. There is a huge Science department, probably something along the lines of 15-20 teaching staff. Classes are usually no bigger than 15. You are not put into sets, when you decide your subjects, you choose one from Block A, one from Block B, etc. For some subjects like Music or German, there is only one class, so it is only in one block, Biology, Chemistry, Maths are really popular so they are in all the blocks. I would highly recommend coming here (if you can get a place). Do you live in the catchment area?

University open days

• University of Roehampton
    All departments Undergraduate
    Sat, 17 Nov '18
  • Edge Hill University
    Faculty of Health and Social Care Undergraduate
    Sat, 17 Nov '18
  • Bournemouth University
    Undergraduate Open Day Undergraduate
    Sat, 17 Nov '18
Poll
Black Friday: Yay or Nay?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.