halphas666
Badges: 4
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 3 months ago
Hello everyone.
I applied for my licence on the 5th of June.
They received my documents on the 16th of June.
Today 15th of July they did not give me a response and on the application says, awaiting return application form.

Is there a way to contact them as in 9 days I will move from the address.
SAK_01
Badges: 17
Rep:
?
Report 3 months ago
I’m also waiting on a provisional license and I’ve tried contacting them via phone but it’s constantly busy, I’ve also tried to do a live chat but nothing. I think at this point the best thing to do is email and hope they reply in time.
TheDE
Badges: 8
Rep:
?
Report 3 months ago
Covid delays!
halphas666
Badges: 4
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 3 months ago
(Original post by SAK_01)
I’m also waiting on a provisional license and I’ve tried contacting them via phone but it’s constantly busy, I’ve also tried to do a live chat but nothing. I

think at this point the best thing to do is email and hope they reply in time. Tried with the email but nothing
(Original post by TheDE)
Covid delays!
I know but my passport is with them I can do nothing
acsatheavocado
Badges: 7
Rep:
?
Report 2 months ago
(Original post by halphas666)
I know but my passport is with them I can do nothing
funny, I'm in exactly the same situation and I don't even know what to do anymore. send them a letter?
EliteBoy8
Badges: 16
Rep:
?
Report 2 months ago
(Original post by halphas666)
Hello everyone.
I applied for my licence on the 5th of June.
They received my documents on the 16th of June.
Today 15th of July they did not give me a response and on the application says, awaiting return application form.

Is there a way to contact them as in 9 days I will move from the address.
I’m in the same situation! I have paid £43 + £5 for the cheque. And I have received no update, so I hope they have gotten it and are going to get back to me. It’s been three weeks so far, so I am worried
TheRealSaifali
Badges: 16
Rep:
?
Report 2 months ago
DVLA can take up to 4 to 6 weeks to issue licenses. I would suggest staying on the line for an operator if you are currently moving.
Medkid7
Badges: 9
Rep:
?
Report 2 months ago
I applied for my provisional 3 weeks ago and got it in the space of a week (I’m from London so that probably explains the fast time), just stay on the line to explain your situation
Izaura
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 2 months ago
I sent my provisional off in exchange for my full license 11 weeks ago now (May 4th) and I can't track it either.Has anyone else's taken this long? I can't get through to contact them.
Hovercraft
Badges: 10
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
Anyone received their provisional recently? How long did you have to wait?
smokeandmirrors
Badges: 6
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
(Original post by Izaura)
I sent my provisional off in exchange for my full license 11 weeks ago now (May 4th) and I can't track it either.Has anyone else's taken this long? I can't get through to contact them.
They’re WAY behind. I’m from Swansea and know people at the DVLA. Remember that the welsh office working laws are stricter than the English ones, so for months there was barely anyone in there at all.

I sent my info off mid April to exchange provisional for full license, it finally arrived during the first week of August. So it seems they’re now getting through the backlog.

Things that can be done online and are mostly automated processes will of course be happening quicker.
Hovercraft
Badges: 10
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
I received my provisional licence last week. It took 8 weeks for dvla to process. Hopefully, they will clear the backlog soon.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

What do you want most from university virtual open days and online events?

I want to be able to watch in my own time rather than turn up live (179)
28.59%
I want to hear more about the specifics of the course (104)
16.61%
I want to be able to dip in and dip out of lots of different sessions (58)
9.27%
I want to meet current students (52)
8.31%
I want to meet academics and the people that will be teaching me (50)
7.99%
I want to have a taster lecture or workshop to see what the teaching is like (126)
20.13%
My parents/guardians are more interested than me to be honest (37)
5.91%
Other things – I'll tell you in the thread (20)
3.19%

Watched Threads