Modelling agency scam?

Watch
username5128114
Badges: 3
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 3 weeks ago
Has anyone ever had any dealings with QOD models? It’s for my friend. Their asking her for a deposit of £50 for a photoshoot where the remaining sum of £100 which will be paid on the day before offering her a contract. Should she be weary or has anyone had any good things come of it?
Last edited by username5128114; 3 weeks ago
Chopinnocturne31
Badges: 17
Rep:
?
Report 3 weeks ago
I don’t know much but I have heard that if they’re asking for money then it could be a scam. I would be wary about giving them so much and look online about how to spot modelling scams maybe? Perhaps someone else will know more though
billiejaex
Badges: 15
Rep:
?
Report 3 weeks ago
(Original post by n.anaxo)
Has anyone ever had any dealings with QOD models? Their asking for a deposit of £50 for a photoshoot and the remaining sum of £100 on the day before offering a contract. Should I be weary or has anyone had any good things come of it?
Hi the exact same thing happened to me when I was 13-14. I went to a stage school where the also has a talent and modeling agency. I went to the stage school for some time and they knew what I was capable of. I had an audition for the agency and was accepted, I then had to have headshots/photo shoot done so when companies are looking for models/actors etc they could say who they wanted. I had been on the agency for 8 months and only had one audition from one company. I later found out that the agency i was signed to were turning down opportunities for me. I then decided to leave as they also said my mum owes them £175 as I hadn't been paying for the stage school. This was all incorrect and had just been scammed for money. Personally I wouldn't recommend this career path but it's completely up to you! Hope this helps
Chopinnocturne31
Badges: 17
Rep:
?
Report 3 weeks ago
Yes, I agree with billiejaex. Modelling is a VERY toxic industry but of course, it is up to you. I would just suggest you research everything about modelling and just how toxic it can be before getting into anything )
billiejaex
Badges: 15
Rep:
?
Report 3 weeks ago
(Original post by Chopinnocturne31)
Yes, I agree with billiejaex. Modelling is a VERY toxic industry but of course, it is up to you. I would just suggest you research everything about modelling and just how toxic it can be before getting into anything )
Ah ty for agreeing! It can be toxic and you will end up doing things you won't want to do. Like @Chopinnocturne31 said research first I find out what it's like from other models
Quick-use
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 3 weeks ago
(Original post by n.anaxo)
Has anyone ever had any dealings with QOD models? It’s for my friend. Their asking her for a deposit of £50 for a photoshoot where the remaining sum of £100 which will be paid on the day before offering her a contract. Should she be weary or has anyone had any good things come of it?
These are always scams. There have been so many threads and news online about how these fake modelling agencies keep scamming people out of their money.

No matter how real it might seem, if you have to pay money, it's 100% a scam. If you Google, modelling scams, you'll literally find thousands and thousands of links to scams where you have to pay money. Here's another huge thread on these scams: https://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/sho....php?t=5622238

Feel free to Google 'modelling scams'. These companies always change their names but it's the same scam all the time.
Last edited by Quick-use; 3 weeks ago
username5128114
Badges: 3
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 3 weeks ago
(Original post by Quick-use)
These are always scams. There have been so many threads and news online about how these fake modelling agencies keep scamming people out of their money.

No matter how real it right seem, if you have to pay money, it's 100% a scam. If you Google, modelling scams, you'll literally find thousands and thousands of links to scams where you have to pay money. Here's another huge thread on these scams: https://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/sho....php?t=5622238
Thank you for the link!!
Sue Hutch
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
My daughter went for a photo shoot ‘tester’ in London yesterday. Whitechapel Studio, Hessel Street. She ended up paying £300 for ‘her photos’ and the promise that Tesla Model Agency wanted to sign her up. THIS IS A COMPLETE SCAM. Tesla Model Agency does not exist. Called all their numbers-telephone numbers are false despite their glossy website. We are currently trying to recoup her money. Have reported to police/trading standard/ companies house. A name behind this operation is a 28 year old Alexander Bold (if indeed that is his real name). Company only registered July this year. I have spoken to some legitimate modelling agency since this scam has come to light and they said that NO LEGITIMATE MODELLING AGENCY WOULD EVER ASK FOR MONEY. Please be aware of these scams and tell your friends.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

What are you most likely to do if you don't get the grades you were expecting?

Go through Clearing (209)
38.56%
Take autumn exams (163)
30.07%
Look for a job (19)
3.51%
Consider an apprenticeship (22)
4.06%
Take a year out (96)
17.71%
Something else (let us know in the thread!) (33)
6.09%

Watched Threads