languages .......no letters sent yet Watch

birdsonghero
Badges: 0
Report Thread starter 10 years ago
the history department sent me some things a few days ago (who my personal advier is, programme for induction week, notes on first year course etc)

BUT

i haven't been sent anything similar by the french dept. has anyone who will be doing language(s) been sent anything or are we all in the same boat?
bodybutter
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
I'm also doing french and i haven't recieved anything from the department, all i've got from RHUL is the enrolment info.
I wouldn't worry, languages departments in general seem really disorganised (in my experience)!
birdsonghero
OMG!

i emailed the french dept. as i was suprised i still hadn't received anything in the post yet. they emailed me back today, telling me it's all online, and attached a link to the modern languages dept. ...

i JUST looked at the site today and there's a preregistration form for french (and all other langs.) which was meant to be sent off to them by 29 august............

i havent sent it off, nor have i completed it, if i send it to them tomorw (hopefuly they'll get it on monday) am i doomed?????

also, to anyone whose sent the preregistration form off, who do i send it to? (i assume it's sent by post) and whats the adress because it doesnt say on the site or on the form.........
bowdeni
Badges: 11
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
I wouldn't worry. Do it as soon as you can, and they'll receive it. Including a cover letter with it apologizing and be polite. They'll be loads of people in the same boat as you.
lulu1
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
Yes, I'm definitely in the same boat: I found that out yesterday (I'm doing ELCS)! I think it's ridiculous to be honest... why on earth couldn't they send the forms out? Oh well... we're not the only ones, I've been talking to people on facebook who are doing languages and they didn't know about it at all. I suppose it's a "welcome to royal holloway's disorganised attitude" kinda thing!
birdsonghero
haha lulu i guess the language dept. are trying to show off that they're all hi-tech and know how to use the internet!!!!!
bodybutter
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
Haha the languages dept really have freaked me out with their lack of organisation! I only found out today about the forms and sent them off fairly swiftly! If they want to show off that they know how to use the internet then why couldn't they send us emails with a link to the forms?! silly people!
Sarah Sheep
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
The French department is kind of ****, you might as well get used to it...
afc1886
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
Modern Languages induction schedule... error 404, page not found hmmmmm

Can anyone help?
lulu1
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
For some reason the link isn't working, but i've attached what I downloaded when it worked before!
Attached files
afc1886
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
(Original post by lulu1)
For some reason the link isn't working, but i've attached what I downloaded when it worked before!
You're a star, thanks!

EDIT: German orals during the induction week?!?! Don't tell me we have to do an oral in our first week?
bodybutter
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
oh lord, we have to do an oral??? not fair.
Sarah Sheep
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
(Original post by bodybutter)
oh lord, we have to do an oral??? not fair.
If you look closely at that timetable, it says PRA oral with a second year course code. If it was for freshers it would say year 1.
birdsonghero
no! the oral exams is for all those whove just come back from their year abroad.

just wondering about the timetable. you know how its divided into the 4 languages plus "modern langs"? does the modern langs. section stuff apply to those doing more than one language or every 1st year student in the modern language dept.???(e.g. year 1 induction study habits/writing skills/welcome party)??

(obviously stuff like the multilingual study bit isnt for thoe doing one language....)
X

Reply to thread

Attached files
Write a reply...
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Do you like exams?

Yes (130)
18.6%
No (422)
60.37%
Not really bothered about them (147)
21.03%

Watched Threads

Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise