How can someone who is naturally lazy study

Watch
Pop Smoke
Badges: 10
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 2 weeks ago
Im the type of person who needs someone to push and inspire me, before I’m will to put effort into something. I need to study and pass a non-academic qualification as it will help me massively. The problem is I am lazy, I am debating if I should spend my night studying or spend it playing ps4. Do we have any lazy learners here who have managed to adapt and overcome their laziness?

theJoyfulGeek
Badges: 18
Rep:
?
Report 2 weeks ago
(Original post by Pop Smoke)
Im the type of person who needs someone to push and inspire me, before I’m will to put effort into something. I need to study and pass a non-academic qualification as it will help me massively. The problem is I am lazy, I am debating if I should spend my night studying or spend it playing ps4. Do we have any lazy learners here who have managed to adapt and overcome their laziness?
Not a lazy learner here - my friends say that I'm annoyingly energetic and active. But, some tips:
-If you really don't want to do anything, get outside and do some sports. Run a few km, or do plank for 30 seconds, or do some star jumps. But get moving.
-Make a list of everything you have to do. Divide everything into smaller, manageable tasks. For instance, "pick up papers" and "make bed" instead of "tidy room".
-When you've done something, cross it off! You should hopefully get a sense of achievement!
-If you really can't be bothered, set yourself a really tiny goal (for instance, write ten words or play a few bars). Then another. Then another. Eventually, you'll have written 100 words, or played a whole 20 minute Mozart sonata!
-Confiscate your ps4. Just put it somewhere where you can't get to it and try and forget about it.
-Go punch someone (not me please). One of my friends finds this rather therapeutic, I think? If I'm being too happy and she's stressed, she'll punch me or squeeze my hand. I don't mind being her human stress ball/punching bag - if it helps her calm down?
barnetlad
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report 2 weeks ago
Mr Johnson seems to have managed OK.

The only person I know who struggled with motivation needed an imminent deadline.
theJoyfulGeek
Badges: 18
Rep:
?
Report 2 weeks ago
(Original post by barnetlad)
Mr Johnson seems to have managed OK.

The only person I know who struggled with motivation needed an imminent deadline.
I wouldn't really say that BoJo is a good role model...
barnetlad
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report 2 weeks ago
(Original post by theJoyfulGeek)
I wouldn't really say that BoJo is a good role model...
He's not even good.
Mr T 999
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 2 weeks ago
(Original post by Pop Smoke)
Put your revision notes in audio format you could record yourself reading out your notes or something then when you playing ps4 you plug in your headphones and revise and play at the same time hit two birds with one stone! You could even listen to it while you sleep so it's absorbed into your mind or you could sneak in some notes and cheat on the exam.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

How will you be receiving your results?

Going into school to pick them up (193)
33.22%
Receiving them online / by email (291)
50.09%
I still don't know (97)
16.7%

Watched Threads