AdamPru
Badges: 3
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 4 weeks ago
Hi,

I re-applied for student finance back in May and my parents were sent the emails to input their financial information so I would receive my student finance based on my household income. However, I have recently received my student finance non income based and when my parents login to attempt to fill in the information it says it is not required anymore.

Do I need to contact anyone or fill in any specific forms to get this changed so I can receive my student finance based on my household income?

Thank you

Adam
PQ
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
Did your parents submit their income information?

Once submitted it takes 6-8 weeks for SFE to assess household income. They will fast track the basic loan award and then assess household income later.

If your parents submitted their income information then your loan amount will be revised in a few weeks when SFE assess your household income.
AdamPru
Rep:
?
(Original post by PQ)
Did your parents submit their income information?

Once submitted it takes 6-8 weeks for SFE to assess household income. They will fast track the basic loan award and then assess household income later.

If your parents submitted their income information then your loan amount will be revised in a few weeks when SFE assess your household income.
No, that's the issue. My parents cannot submit their information because when they login to do so it tells them that their information is 'no longer needed' even though my loan is non income based.
PQ
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
(Original post by AdamPru)
No, that's the issue. My parents cannot submit their information because when they login to do so it tells them that their information is 'no longer needed' even though my loan is non income based.
Ahh ok - in that case get them to fill out the paper version of the form https://www.gov.uk/student-finance-f...i/2020-to-2021 (it's 20 pages long but the last 10 pages are guidance so you only need to print 10 pages)
SFE Isaac
Badges: 10
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
Just to add - you can also upload the PFF2 form online so it doesn't need printing. You can use an e-signature tool to sign it.
Thanks, Isaac
AdamPru
Rep:
?
Okay great, will get on to it. Thank you both for your help 🙂
SFE Isaac
Badges: 10
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
You're welcome
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

How do you feel about your grades? Are they...

What I expected (115)
25.9%
Better than expected (92)
20.72%
Worse than expected (237)
53.38%

Watched Threads