(Original post by kelsiepalfrey)
yes hello fellow gay
What are you in the LGBTQ+ community?
becausethenight
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report 5 months ago
There's a big chat thread here: https://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/sho...post&t=2529505, FYI!

I'm queer too
kelsiepalfrey
Badges: 12
Rep:
?
Report 5 months ago
(Original post by Vanessa Chuah)
What are you in the LGBTQ+ community?
i’m gender fluid, born female and also into females
Vanessa Chuah
Badges: 18
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 5 months ago
i’m gender fluid, born female and also into females
Oh cool! I'm a demigirl (born female as well) and into girls too! Do you have snapchat or instagram?
CoolCavy
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 5 months ago
Oh cool! I'm a demigirl (born female as well) and into girls too! Do you have snapchat or instagram?
Please dont ask for peoples offsite details you are more than welcome to chat on tsr though, someone has already linked you the main LGBT chat thread
kelsiepalfrey
Badges: 12
Rep:
?
Report 5 months ago
yes i do, u can pm me on here
Anonymous #1
Report 5 months ago
I am homoflexible.

Also, question: why do Lesbians say that they are Gay?
CoolCavy
Rep:
?
Report 5 months ago
(Original post by Anonymous)
why do Lesbians say that they are Gay?
Why not? Homosexuality is just being attracted to the same sex. I just use gay and lesbian interchangeably for myself.
ClaudiaVan
Badges: 17
Rep:
?
Report 5 months ago
Non-Binary and Asexual! Basically just a human trying to get through life
Vanessa Chuah
Rep:
?
(Original post by Hoodlum123)
I'm super non-conforming L sexual reverse transoptic gender. Nice to meet you!
hello! nice to meet you!
Vanessa Chuah
Rep:
?
(Original post by ClaudiaVan)
Non-Binary and Asexual! Basically just a human trying to get through life
that's super cool!
Anonymous #2
Report 5 months ago
Hi. I've been curious to ask this to LGBTQ people for a long time as you're being demonized pretty quickly for such an opinion: how do you justify that there are more than two genders or that there are genders between male and female? I know that there are people who are born with specific features of both genders; yet this is obviously an anomaly, thus it makes no sense to create a new one for such a small subgroup - you wouldn't say that a disabled person who has different body features than most of humanity is a new species, right?

I'm not intending to insult anyone, I'm just genuinely curious and want to hear others' views
becausethenight
Rep:
?
Report 5 months ago
Hi. I've been curious to ask this to LGBTQ people for a long time as you're being demonized pretty quickly for such an opinion: how do you justify that there are more than two genders or that there are genders between male and female? I know that there are people who are born with specific features of both genders; yet this is obviously an anomaly, thus it makes no sense to create a new one for such a small subgroup - you wouldn't say that a disabled person who has different body features than most of humanity is a new species, right?

I'm not intending to insult anyone, I'm just genuinely curious and want to hear others' views
Because I know how I feel, and I feel that I’m non-binary. Gender isn’t about your biological sex or physical appearance, it’s about you feeling it, and defining yourself, as far as I’m concerned. How else do you explain the amazing and sustained variation over time of how people relate to gender and the diversity of gender identities? There’s a really lovely article with some gender diverse folx talking about what their gender means to them here https://www.glaad.org/amp/9-young-pe...ary-means-them which I would really recommend having a look at.
Anonymous #2
Report 5 months ago
(Original post by becausethenight)
Because I know how I feel, and I feel that I’m non-binary. Gender isn’t about your biological sex or physical appearance, it’s about you feeling it, and defining yourself, as far as I’m concerned. How else do you explain the amazing and sustained variation over time of how people relate to gender and the diversity of gender identities? There’s a really lovely article with some gender diverse folx talking about what their gender means to them here https://www.glaad.org/amp/9-young-pe...ary-means-them which I would really recommend having a look at.
Isn't this personality? Of course a boy can be drawn towards female behavioural characteristics and the other way around, but then I would argue that this is his personality. I'm really having difficulties grasping what gender means (in my language, there is one word being used for both gender and sex).
newmoononmonday
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 5 months ago
yes hello fellow gay
Exactly the same here 👋🏼 What’s your snapchat? Let’s be matesss!
mgi
Rep:
?
Report 5 months ago
I'm heterosexual, so clearly I'm the enemy.
No, you are a person like everyone else.
becausethenight
Rep:
?
Report 5 months ago
Isn't this personality? Of course a boy can be drawn towards female behavioural characteristics and the other way around, but then I would argue that this is his personality. I'm really having difficulties grasping what gender means (in my language, there is one word being used for both gender and sex).
It's not personality - you can have masculine women and non-binary people, and feminine men and non-binary people. The difference is how that person wants to be defined and addressed. You can have XX chromosomes and female primary and secondary sexual characteristics, short hair and present in a butch way, and consider yourself a woman, use she/her pronouns etc. Equally that person could be non-binary and use other pronouns, or a man and use he/him pronouns, or whatever. As I say, it's a bit like other things that we're sure of but can't describe, like knowing if you're in love or not, or if G-d exists or not. It's not saying that masculine cis women and feminine cis men are actually a different gender because gender stereotypes - it's acknowledging how non-binary and gender-non-conforming people feel very strongly that they have a gender that is neither being exclusively a woman nor being exclusively a man, which is independent of someone's personality or whether they have stereotypically 'masculine' or 'feminine' interests, if that makes sense
josie71202
Rep:
?
Report 5 months ago
hi I'm bi nice to meet you
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Have you experienced financial difficulties as a student due to Covid-19?

Yes, I have really struggled financially (22)
13.92%
I have experienced some financial difficulties (42)
26.58%
I haven't experienced any financial difficulties and things have stayed the same (66)
41.77%
I have had better financial opportunities as a result of the pandemic (23)
14.56%
I've had another experience (let us know in the thread!) (5)
3.16%

Watched Threads