Can I get onto a law degree with BTEC’s?

Watch
Ebhhhhh
Badges: 3
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 year ago
Heyyy, I was just wondering if I do BTEC Law, BTEC Business and BTEC Health & Social Care all at level 3 can I still get onto a law degree at uni or do they all have to be A Levels? Thank you!
chalbliagtelle
Badges: 11
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
Have a look at each individual university's entry requirements on their course page. I know most law students have only taken A Levels/IB/Equivalent though, so it might not be the norm.
claireestelle
Badges: 22
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
(Original post by Ebhhhhh)
Heyyy, I was just wondering if I do BTEC Law, BTEC Business and BTEC Health & Social Care all at level 3 can I still get onto a law degree at uni or do they all have to be A Levels? Thank you!
you'll find it harder to get into law with btecs, if you can do a levels it would make it easier to get a place.
harrysbar
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
(Original post by Ebhhhhh)
You can get onto lots of law degrees with a BTEC but they have to be in certain subjects like Law, Business or Science - I don't think Health & Social Care would be accepted by most places.

What a lot of people do is combine a BTEC with one A level which some unis prefer - is that something you would consider?
bamtutor
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
I have taught BTEC Business for over 15 years and I have at least 8 ex students who have gone to study Law at University. Most of them had BTEC Diploma in Business with BTEC Law alongside. This is a good combination rather than Health and social care..if you do three BTEC subjects then a better option for law is Business, Law and IT or Business, law and criminology if your college offers it.
username5453742
Badges: 5
Rep:
?
Report 9 months ago
Of Course, you can get an LLB with BTECS, there's BTEC Law isn't there? It might be harder to get into certain universities because you are doing a BTEC or multiple BTEcs, but that has nothing to do with the Law degree itself and is much more to do with university admissions processes. If you do apply to do an LLB at a university that doesn't accept BTECs then you can always do a foundation course. People can get a Qualifying Law Degree through higher education BTECs so it's possible in the long term to qualify with these forms of qualifications. Foundation years are good options if the university provides it for your Law course, it's just a year of gaining relevant skills that will allow you to proceed to study Law at university. You probably aren't going to get into a Russell Group university with BTECs but if you're heart set on getting into a uni that doesn't accept BTECs you can always do online A-Levels and then apply again in two years once you have the appropriate grades. Let's are honest, you most likely chose to do BTECs due to your previous attainment making it difficult for you to get 3 A-Level courses, well the main thing is that you got your foot in the door by getting into college, if you have to accept a place at a university which accepts BTECs or if you have to take a couple of gap years to gain the relevant qualifications, odds are you'll still be really young and what's 2 years in the bigger picture. My advice is to apply to universities which offer foundation Law degrees or to find a uni which accepts BTECs and go to open days, ask questions about your current courses, grades, and what you want to do in uni, and then make the best-informed decision you can and at the end of the day if you want to pursue law as a career then you'll find a way to make it work. Best wishes- a BTEC Law student in the same situation as you.
Ahmed 002
Badges: 9
Rep:
?
Report 4 months ago
(Original post by harrysbar)
You can get onto lots of law degrees with a BTEC but they have to be in certain subjects like Law, Business or Science - I don't think Health & Social Care would be accepted by most places.

What a lot of people do is combine a BTEC with one A level which some unis prefer - is that something you would consider?
Hey.. will A level maths be fine along btec for a law degree?
harrysbar
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 4 months ago
(Original post by Ahmed 002)
Hey.. will A level maths be fine along btec for a law degree?
Maths A level would be fine alongside a Btec in subjects like Business or Science.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

How would you feel if uni students needed to be double vaccinated to start in Autumn?

I'd feel reassured about my own health (33)
14.8%
I'd feel reassured my learning may be less disrupted by isolations/lockdowns (68)
30.49%
I'd feel less anxious about being around large groups (27)
12.11%
I don't mind if others are vaccinated or not (19)
8.52%
I'm concerned it may disadvantage some students (13)
5.83%
I think it's an unfair expectation (60)
26.91%
Something else (tell us in the thread) (3)
1.35%

Watched Threads

Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise