Can I get onto a law degree with BTEC’s?

Watch
Ebhhhhh
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 3 weeks ago
Heyyy, I was just wondering if I do BTEC Law, BTEC Business and BTEC Health & Social Care all at level 3 can I still get onto a law degree at uni or do they all have to be A Levels? Thank you!
kp07l
Badges: 7
Rep:
?
Report 3 weeks ago
Have a look at each individual university's entry requirements on their course page. I know most law students have only taken A Levels/IB/Equivalent though, so it might not be the norm.
claireestelle
Badges: 22
Rep:
?
Report 3 weeks ago
(Original post by Ebhhhhh)
Heyyy, I was just wondering if I do BTEC Law, BTEC Business and BTEC Health & Social Care all at level 3 can I still get onto a law degree at uni or do they all have to be A Levels? Thank you!
you'll find it harder to get into law with btecs, if you can do a levels it would make it easier to get a place.
harrysbar
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 3 weeks ago
(Original post by Ebhhhhh)
You can get onto lots of law degrees with a BTEC but they have to be in certain subjects like Law, Business or Science - I don't think Health & Social Care would be accepted by most places.

What a lot of people do is combine a BTEC with one A level which some unis prefer - is that something you would consider?
bamtutor
Badges: 12
Rep:
?
Report 3 weeks ago
I have taught BTEC Business for over 15 years and I have at least 8 ex students who have gone to study Law at University. Most of them had BTEC Diploma in Business with BTEC Law alongside. This is a good combination rather than Health and social care..if you do three BTEC subjects then a better option for law is Business, Law and IT or Business, law and criminology if your college offers it.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

What are you most likely to do if you don't get the grades you were expecting?

Go through Clearing (188)
38.6%
Take autumn exams (149)
30.6%
Look for a job (17)
3.49%
Consider an apprenticeship (21)
4.31%
Take a year out (84)
17.25%
Something else (let us know in the thread!) (28)
5.75%

Watched Threads