Joining British Army with Childrens nursing degree?

Watch
biovetstudent_
Badges: 4
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 year ago
So i've tried to ask on the live chat but simply responded with a really useless 'we'll we don't have children in the armed forces'. I don't think she knew what she was talking about tbh, i've read that children's nurses can also practice as adult nurses as long as they have a pin. Would I be able to work in the reserves as a nurse with a childrens nursing degree?
AlphaTango
Badges: 18
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
Best thing to do would be speak to your local AFCO they are opening from this week in most places.

RAF_Adam may know or be able to find out as it’s quite a specific question.
RAF_Adam
Badges: 13
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
(Original post by biovetstudent_)
So i've tried to ask on the live chat but simply responded with a really useless 'we'll we don't have children in the armed forces'. I don't think she knew what she was talking about tbh, i've read that children's nurses can also practice as adult nurses as long as they have a pin. Would I be able to work in the reserves as a nurse with a childrens nursing degree?
Hi

I can't comment for the Army, but the RAF only accept application if you have a degree in Adult Nursing, not Paedeatrics. We don't have children serving so there's no requirement. My guess would be that the Army have the same policy, but you would need to check with their team to be certain.

Kind regards
Adam
RAF Recruitment
Kerzen
Badges: 17
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
I've just looked at the relevant pages for entry to the Royal Naval Reserve for you, biovetstudent and can see that the requirement for Nursing in that instance is for a degree in Adult Nursing.

https://www.royalnavy.mod.uk/careers...ve-adult-nurse

https://www.royalnavy.mod.uk/careers...ursing-officer

The situation may have been different about 25 years ago, when the Armed Forces had separate service hospitals; I think that they may have had paediatric nurses at that point as their care extended to the children of the personnel living there.
Last edited by Kerzen; 1 year ago
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

How would you feel if uni students needed to be double vaccinated to start in Autumn?

I'd feel reassured about my own health (33)
14.8%
I'd feel reassured my learning may be less disrupted by isolations/lockdowns (68)
30.49%
I'd feel less anxious about being around large groups (27)
12.11%
I don't mind if others are vaccinated or not (19)
8.52%
I'm concerned it may disadvantage some students (13)
5.83%
I think it's an unfair expectation (60)
26.91%
Something else (tell us in the thread) (3)
1.35%

Watched Threads

Latest
My Feed