GCSE_Rockstar32
Badges: 16
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 6 months ago
I'm currently in Year 11, soon to be in Year 12 in September. Due to the cancellation of exams, I have started doing online courses relating to the health sector, e.g. medicine, biomedical sciences. However, I feel like I'm not doing enough. What could I do to help boost my personal statement before Year 12?
GGG_Style
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 6 months ago
Get a part time job
PetitePanda
Badges: 22
Rep:
?
Report 6 months ago
You can do a lot for your personal statement - you can read some books, newspapers, academic articles/ journals, do some essay comps, research project, prepare for EPQ, watch lectures, youtube videos, documentaries, listen to podcast, do some virtual work experience. Tbh I would suggest writing down some things to do in year 12 as well so you dont miss out on those - for me, I would write down some summer schools I wanted to apply to so I dont forget. Doing these things wont boost your personal statement - it's more for your interest and engagement, which is really important for a personal statement. What will boost your personal statement is how you use the things you have done effectively and making it personal to you, which will make you different from the generic statements. Tbh some universities don't look at the personal statement for medicine so wider engaging will help you for the interview when they ask you questions from their list.
GCSE_Rockstar32
Badges: 16
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 6 months ago
(Original post by PetitePanda)
You can do a lot for your personal statement - you can read some books, newspapers, academic articles/ journals, do some essay comps, research project, prepare for EPQ, watch lectures, youtube videos, documentaries, listen to podcast, do some virtual work experience. Tbh I would suggest writing down some things to do in year 12 as well so you dont miss out on those - for me, I would write down some summer schools I wanted to apply to so I dont forget. Doing these things wont boost your personal statement - it's more for your interest and engagement, which is really important for a personal statement. What will boost your personal statement is how you use the things you have done effectively and making it personal to you, which will make you different from the generic statements. Tbh some universities don't look at the personal statement for medicine so wider engaging will help you for the interview when they ask you questions from their list.
Thank you so much That was very helpful! Have a good day
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Do you have the space and resources you need to succeed in home learning?

Yes I have everything I need (195)
58.38%
I don't have everything I need (139)
41.62%

Watched Threads