Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    Hello

I'm asking how to do something which is probably impossible, but I thought I'd ask anyway :rolleyes:

I have long, curly (but not corkscrew) hair. When I wake up in the mornings (having washed and conditioned hair the previous night and gone to bed with it wet), I really like it - the curls are very defined, ringlet-y and shiny. But within just 15 or so minutes (and before going outside) it has changed. The curls 'drop out', becoming much less defined and more wavy, and the frizz increases loads. It's as though the hair's own weight pulls it down. It continues to get worse throughout the day.

Leaving aside the fact that I am really weird for wanting to look like I just got out of bed, does anyone know something I can do first thing in the morning to 'hold' my hair in place? I have tried hairspray, but it makes my hair crispy and disgusting, and doesn't hold the curls in particularly well anyway. Any ideas?

ReputationRep:
    If your hair gets crispy with hairspray you're not using the right kind of hairspray for your hair.. You could always try gel?

ReputationRep:
    Oh OK, so how do I find the right kind of hairspray?

I didn't know you could fix hair with gel, could you explain please? Do I just get one of the gel sprays and use that? I don't want to use gel out of a pot to create a new style, I just want to 'freeze frame' what I already have.

ReputationRep:
    You could put on mousse/curling gel before it dries, then the curls would stay like that for longer I think.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by isi333)
    Oh OK, so how do I find the right kind of hairspray?

I didn't know you could fix hair with gel, could you explain please? Do I just get one of the gel sprays and use that? I don't want to use gel out of a pot to create a new style, I just want to 'freeze frame' what I already have.
    You can use gel as an alternative to hair spray if your hair is particularly unruly. You just use very very little and twirl your fingers around the curls.

You need to use the right hairspray for your type of hair, i.e. curly/frizzy etc. If you use hairspray for straight hair then it'll go completely wrong.

Poll
Black Friday: Yay or Nay?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.