Strange Paragraph in the Offer Leter Watch

SebKom
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 10 years ago
I received my offer yesterday and there is this strange paragraph:

Please Note: If your residency is shown as overseas, from the information you have given us, you will pay tuition fees at the higher overseas rate. However, if the information you gave at Clearing later proves to be inaccurate, it could result in the offer of a place being retracted, or your registration being terminated.
What does it mean? I am not living overseas, if that's what the paragraph implies, and I have never given such information, neither at the UCAS application form nor when I ringed the admissions tutor during clearing. Plus, they have sent the offer to Greece, which is in EUROPE, so shouldn't they know that it's not overseas and, as a result, I won't be asked to pay these higher tuition fees they are talking about?
gm15
Badges: 11
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
By overseas they mean non eu.
The 2 fee types are UK/EU and international.
Its a standard letter so that bit doesn't apply to you - that's why they said IF.
Scipio_Africanus
Badges: 8
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
talk to them, when they say overseas they normally mean non EU country. ring them now before they close at 5-5:30pm.
burninginme
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
It just means if you do happen to be overseas, according to the information you gave them stating you are from overseas, you will have to pay the Overseas fees. It's just a poorly worded paragraph.
SebKom
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 10 years ago
(Original post by burninginme)
It's just a poorly worded paragraph.
A poorly worded paragraph + A non-native english speaker = Confusion :confused: Thanks for the quick replies people!

(Imagine me, working the whole summer to save money for my studies, going there and being required to pay 12,000 pounds! )
eclectic89
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
During clearing, a number of places are reserved for overseas/international(non-EU) students so that the school can receive more funds. Therefore, they are less likely to accept students who are paying home fees.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

University open days

• Royal Holloway, University of London
    Undergraduate Open Day Undergraduate
    Fri, 14 Jun '19
  • Royal Holloway, University of London
    Undergraduate Open Day Undergraduate
    Sat, 15 Jun '19

Are you chained to your phone?

Yes (69)
19.66%
Yes, but I'm trying to cut back (144)