The Creation of TSR Movement for Justice

Watch
Keir Starmer
Badges: 15
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 2 months ago
Screenshot_8.jpg

We seek to establish the Movement for Justice, a populist, socially liberal party within the Model House of Commons. Moreover, we are a party that is fully aware of the climate emergency facing our planet; so when I say we are the party of justice, the first type of justice is ENVIROMENTAL JUSTICE.

Our Ethos
The 'Movement for Justice' seeks to
create a country based on the values of tolerance, freedom and justice. Each of
the current parties are stuck in the bubble that is the Model House of Commons
and has failed to address the issue that affect the people. Our part seeks to
restore the self-esteem of the nation by making our country a world leader once
again.

Our Policies
Spoiler:
Show

Economics

Radical Reform of the Welfare State

-Put a 4-year limit on the period someone can claim jobseekers’ allowance.

-Stronger punishments on those who live on benefits but have not been looking for full time work.

-Encourage those who are on benefits to take on volunteering work in order to get them better prepared for the world of work.

Taxes

-Lowering of corporation tax to create a more dynamic economy.

-Lowering of additional and higher rate of tax to help the middle class succeed.

-Reduced business rates.

-Simplify tax assessment rules for small corporations.

Infrastructure

-Reconsider whether HS2 is really value for money. UK infrastructure is behind the rest of the world big changes needed especially in the railway network.

-Bring in experts from countries across the world who have made great progress in their infrastructure to teach us some of the methods they use.

-Ensure that any economic development programmes include employment guarantees for those at the bottom of the pyramid.

-Provide fiscal and regulatory incentives to resolve demand and supply side issues of low-income housing; including incentives for industries involved in the construction process.

-Discourage sprawling and shift towards high rise buildings without compromising on environment standards.

-Use tax receipts from infrastructure projects to help eliminate the budget deficit.

Business

Pilot SME Incubators across the UK with:

-Improved access to funding.

-Advanced technology to spur on innovation

-Efficient transport & warehousing facilities

-Technical assistance on tax, legal and regulatory compliance.

Education

-Before children start year 9, they should be identified as either being suited to an academic or technical/vocational education by their school. If their school do not see them suited to the academic environment, they can recommend that from the start of year 9 the child be moved to a different setting.

-Creation of a commission that identify the degrees that add no value to a student. These ‘mickey mouse’ degrees will then be abolished. Students should not go to university to gain qualifications that they could get through another route such as an apprenticeship.

Health

-Promote the use of public-private partnerships within the NHS where they are cost efficient and provide better value for money.

-Actively promote healthier lifestyles in communities that are more vulnerable to certain health conditions.

-Greater funding for mental health support in communities where there is a stigma, workplaces and schools.

Defence and Foreign Policy

-Renew the UK’s nuclear deterrent.

-Work with our allies to ensure peace without getting dragged into unnecessary wars.

-Look at a variety of ways to solve the Israel-Palestine conflict including a 2-state solution, 1-state solution or a plebiscite.

-Look at a variety of ways to solve the Kashmir conflict including giving Kashmiris the right of self-determination.

-Condemn human rights violations wherever they occur.

-Revaluate where our international aid is being spent. Ultimately, this money is earnt by hardworking British people, the UK Government has a duty to make sure it only goes to good causes.

Environment
-We recognise that we are in the middle of a climate emergency, therefore, it is necessary for us to act fast.
-Homes should be retrofitted to help reduce the use of fuels.
-Subsidies given to the producers and buyers of electric cars.
-Bailout for airline companies providing they commit to reduce CO2 emission.
-Invest in green energy to help create new jobs across the country.
-Ensure a just transition for those working in the industries that pollute the most.
-Require bus companies to go fully electric by 2035.

Home Affairs, Immigration and Justice

-Support any immigration system that has equality at it centre, ensure that those with the skills that we need in the UK can come and contribute to our great country.

-Welcome Hong Kongers who may have to escape from the oppressive Chinese regime.

-Introduce seasonal visas to bring in lower-paid workers if there is a need for them in different areas such as fruit picking.

-Reverse legal aid cuts and abolish magistrates’ courts.

-Legalise marijuana.

-Reverse cuts to policing and fire services.

-Recruit large numbers of new police officers and PCSOs in order to create a greater police presence within communities.

-Resist calls to ‘defund the police’. Whilst we agree that there needs to be greater levels of spending on community-based initiatives, housing and mental health. This money should not come from our already strained police forces.
-Remind everyone that a blue passport is not ‘more British’. According the passport index 81 countries around the world have blue passports.

Members
Keir Starmer
Mad_Dog_Graveson
HayekGuy
arrianska
Chopinnocturne31
Attached files
Last edited by Keir Starmer; 2 months ago
Connor27
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report 2 months ago
Does this have any supporters other than you yourself Keir?
JMR2020.
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 2 months ago
Why will you be different to the existing centrist parties?
Keir Starmer
Rep:
?
(Original post by Connor27)
Does this have any supporters other than you yourself Keir?
As of yet, I am the only person, however, I am looking to garner support.
04MR17
Badges: 22
Rep:
?
Report 2 months ago
Criticising the ethos of other parties isn't the way to set up a new one.

I'm open to the idea of a new party on the left of the house (which this seems to be from a quick glance of the policies).

The challenge you face now is emphasising the political differences between this and Labour and Lib Dems.
Keir Starmer
Rep:
?
(Original post by JMR2020.)
Why will you be different to the existing centrist parties?
The other centerist parties are very weak. By that I mean when you've got tough issues they won't stand up and make a decision. For example, on the calls to defund the police, i will very happily stand up against this. Moreover, on immigration, they are happy to carry on with freedom of movement, I want to see and end to it. If you get out of the bubble that is London, there are plenty of people who agree with me
Miss Maddie
Badges: 18
Rep:
?
Report 2 months ago
-Bring in experts from countries across the world who have made great progress in their infrastructure to teach us some of the methods they use. Original policy

-Remind everyone that a blue passport is not ‘more British’. According the passport index 81 countries around the world have blue passports. Original policy

There are only 2 original policies. The rest garners cross-party support and you should join the Tories.
Miss Maddie
Badges: 18
Rep:
?
Report 2 months ago
Unfortunately your name isn't Catus. Andrew won't approve this.
Rakas21
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 2 months ago
Economics

Radical Reform of the Welfare State

-Put a 4-year limit on the period someone can claim jobseekers’ allowance. - Not unique, the Conservative Policy already effectively supports harsher for the long term unemployed via conscription to basic training.

-Stronger punishments on those who live on benefits but have not been looking for full time work. - You can't really get stronger than multi-year sanctions.

-Encourage those who are on benefits to take on volunteering work in order to get them better prepared for the world of work. - Already canon.

Taxes

-Lowering of corporation tax to create a more dynamic economy. - Paid for how?

-Lowering of additional and higher rate of tax to help the middle class succeed. - Paid for how?

-Reduced business rates. - Already Conservative Policy

-Simplify tax assessment rules for small corporations. - Something that would be broadly supported by most parties

Infrastructure

-Reconsider whether HS2 is really value for money. UK infrastructure is behind the rest of the world big changes needed especially in the railway network. - Already Libertarian policy

-Bring in experts from countries across the world who have made great progress in their infrastructure to teach us some of the methods they use. - Vague nonsense

-Ensure that any economic development programmes include employment guarantees for those at the bottom of the pyramid. - Broad support from existing parties

-Provide fiscal and regulatory incentives to resolve demand and supply side issues of low-income housing; including incentives for industries involved in the construction process. - Broad support from existing parties

-Discourage sprawling and shift towards high rise buildings without compromising on environment standards. - Probably your first unique policy

-Use tax receipts from infrastructure projects to help eliminate the budget deficit. - Both the conservative and libertarian parties are already committed to deficit reduction

Business

Pilot SME Incubators across the UK with: - Your second unique policy but one which would have broad support from existing parties.

-Improved access to funding.

-Advanced technology to spur on innovation

-Efficient transport & warehousing facilities

-Technical assistance on tax, legal and regulatory compliance.

Education

-Before children start year 9, they should be identified as either being suited to an academic or technical/vocational education by their school. If their school do not see them suited to the academic environment, they can recommend that from the start of year 9 the child be moved to a different setting. - Your second properly unique policy

-Creation of a commission that identify the degrees that add no value to a student. These ‘mickey mouse’ degrees will then be abolished. Students should not go to university to gain qualifications that they could get through another route such as an apprenticeship. - Already Conservative policy

Health

-Promote the use of public-private partnerships within the NHS where they are cost efficient and provide better value for money. - Lib Dem/Citizens manifesto commitment

-Actively promote healthier lifestyles in communities that are more vulnerable to certain health conditions. - Vague and canon

-Greater funding for mental health support in communities where there is a stigma, workplaces and schools. - Supported by Labour/Liberal already

Defence and Foreign Policy

-Renew the UK’s nuclear deterrent. - Already Tory policy

-Work with our allies to ensure peace without getting dragged into unnecessary wars. - Vague whaffle but at any rate probably only the Tories would support any military action anyway

-Look at a variety of ways to solve the Israel-Palestine conflict including a 2-state solution, 1-state solution or a plebiscite. - Potentially a unique policy but one which the libs and citz would probably support already

-Look at a variety of ways to solve the Kashmir conflict including giving Kashmiris the right of self-determination. - Again unique but would probably have existing support

-Condemn human rights violations wherever they occur. - Labour already enjoy virtue signalling

-Revaluate where our international aid is being spent. Ultimately, this money is earnt by hardworking British people, the UK Government has a duty to make sure it only goes to good causes. - Already done on TSR

Home Affairs, Immigration and Justice

-Support any immigration system that has equality at it centre, ensure that those with the skills that we need in the UK can come and contribute to our great country. - So the canon approach

-Welcome Hong Kongers who may have to escape from the oppressive Chinese regime. - Already done by the government, you even voted on the bill

-Introduce seasonal visas to bring in lower-paid workers if there is a need for them in different areas such as fruit picking. - Already canon

-Reverse legal aid cuts and abolish magistrates’ courts. - Potentially unique

-Legalise marijuana. - Drugs are already legal in the mhoc

-Reverse cuts to policing and fire services. - Already supported by Labour

-Recruit large numbers of new police officers and PCSOs in order to create a greater police presence within communities. - So Boris's canon approach

-Resist calls to ‘defund the police’. Whilst we agree that there needs to be greater levels of spending on community-based initiatives, housing and mental health. This money should not come from our already strained police forces. - Already policy in canon and in all non-labour parties here

-Remind everyone that a blue passport is not ‘more British’. According the passport index 81 countries around the world have blue passports. - Stupid.

There's not a lot to set you apart and nor does the space really exist.

I oppose this creation.
Keir Starmer
Rep:
?
(Original post by 04MR17)
Criticising the ethos of other parties isn't the way to set up a new one.

I'm open to the idea of a new party on the left of the house (which this seems to be from a quick glance of the policies).

The challenge you face now is emphasising the political differences between this and Labour and Lib Dems.
Thanks for your contribution. I welcome people to challenge our ideas as well as build on them.

Our main difference with Labour is probably that we are more in touch with the realities of ordinary people. If you step outside of the Westminster bubble, I'd argue that most people are not interested about nationalising whole swathes of industry or a 4 day working week. What they wanna know is, can they 3 meals on the table for their family, can they perhaps afford a treat every now and again such as a meal out or even a family holiday and will their kids be able to do even better than they did.

With the LibDems, the main difference is our immigration policy. They are happy to carry on with freedom of movement whilst we argue that there needs to be a fairer system, where people from across the world, providing they have the necessary skills, have an equal chance to live and work here.
Mr T 999
Rep:
?
Report 2 months ago
What you described is just another tory party so I suggest you join them. This party won't be accepted as its not different enough compared with other parties.
Rakas21
Rep:
?
Report 2 months ago
(Original post by Miss Maddie)
-Bring in experts from countries across the world who have made great progress in their infrastructure to teach us some of the methods they use. Original policy

-Remind everyone that a blue passport is not ‘more British’. According the passport index 81 countries around the world have blue passports. Original policy

There are only 2 original policies. The rest garners cross-party support and you should join the Tories.
I believe abolishing magistrate courts may also be unique even if reversing legal aid is not (actually i'd have to check the last Justice MR to make sure we did not already do that)
Keir Starmer
Rep:
?
(Original post by Mr T 999)
What you described is just another tory party so I suggest you join them. This party won't be accepted as its not different enough compared with other parties.
that's an interesting view because I some people on here argue that this is more similar to libdems or labour
The Mogg
Rep:
?
Report 2 months ago
Absolute scenes if "Keir Starmer" joins the Tories
Mr T 999
Rep:
?
Report 2 months ago
(Original post by Keir Starmer)
The other centerist parties are very weak. By that I mean when you've got tough issues they won't stand up and make a decision. For example, on the calls to defund the police, i will very happily stand up against this. Moreover, on immigration, they are happy to carry on with freedom of movement, I want to see and end to it. If you get out of the bubble that is London, there are plenty of people who agree with me
Join the tories you can easily fit in with the orange bookers bunch in the party.
Keir Starmer
Rep:
?
Join the tories you can easily fit in with the orange bookers bunch in the party.
No way. The tories irl have underfunded so many public services for too long.
Mr T 999
Rep:
?
Report 2 months ago
that's an interesting view because I some people on here argue that this is more similar to libdems or labour
Offering tax cuts and punishments on those who claim benefits long term amongst other policies is not labour lol.
Rakas21
Rep:
?
Report 2 months ago
With only five parties there's quite a lot of overlap but by section..

Welfare - Tory, Liber, possibly Cit

Taxes - Tory, Liber, Cit to at least some degree,

Infra - All parties

Business - All parties

Education - Tory and possibly liber

Health - All parties to some degree

Foreign - All parties to some degree

Home - All parties to some degree because you made it broad

You'd probably need more narrow policy selections but generally you appear to lean towards the right on economic issues and are inoffensive on social issues to anybody.
Rakas21
Rep:
?
Report 2 months ago
No way. The tories irl have underfunded so many public services for too long.
So your not really bothered about fiscal surplus would you say?

That would tip you towards the Libs or Citz potentially albeit i don't know their views on the subject.
Joleee
Report 2 months ago
can you go into greater detail on this immigration system of equality?

how is abolishing magistrates' courts a movement for justice? :holmes:

i wish you would've been more specific when you talk about benefits and encouraging people to volunteer/look for work since most people who claim benefits are pensioners, have disabilities or are low income so technically do work. just saying.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

How are you feeling ahead of starting University?

I am excited and looking forward to starting (59)
13.41%
I am excited but have some apprehension around Covid-19 measures (57)
12.95%
I am concerned I will miss out on aspects of the uni experience due to new measures (168)
38.18%
I am concerned the Covid-19 measures at uni are not strong enough (46)
10.45%
I am nervous and feel I don't have enough information (87)
19.77%
Something else (let us know in the thread!) (23)
5.23%

Watched Threads