How do you get motivated?

Watch this thread
Griffby
Badges: 11
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report Thread starter 1 year ago
I've been in a rut for the past few weeks. I had been motivated in the early days of quarantine (drawing, reading, photography) but now I am finding less and less of a reason to even leave my room (British weather doesn't help either). So, that leads me back to my question, if you are struggling to be active during the day, how do you become motivated to do more?
DrawTheLine
Badges: 22
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report 1 year ago
(Original post by Griffby)
I've been in a rut for the past few weeks. I had been motivated in the early days of quarantine (drawing, reading, photography) but now I am finding less and less of a reason to even leave my room (British weather doesn't help either). So, that leads me back to my question, if you are struggling to be active during the day, how do you become motivated to do more?
I go through phases where for a few days I'm really motivated and have lots of energy to get things done, and then I give myself a "day off" to rest, and then the days after that I lose motivation. I'm not entirely sure where the motivation comes from, I just wake up with the energy. Maybe set yourself a little to do list of 1-2 things you want to get done in the day, and then gradually build that up when you're consistently ticking everything off the list?
cloud_9_
Badges: 18
Rep:
Report 1 year ago
maybe try a to-do list, as it makes u more likely to do things when your plan for the day is clearly laid out in front of you, and when u complete any of your plans, tick them off or cross it off as it will motivate u to complete everything else on your list. It definitely helped me when I wasn't feeling motivated to do anything.
Foxehh
Badges: 21
Rep:
Report 1 year ago
As silly as it sounds, starting a schedule can really help with motivation. It doesnt have to be a strict schedule, just something to keep you on track.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

How did your AQA GCSE English Language Paper 1 go?

Loved the paper - Feeling positive (14)
18.67%
The paper was reasonable (27)
36%
Not feeling great about that exam... (25)
33.33%
It was TERRIBLE (9)
12%

Watched Threads