Staying at a friend’s overnight during lockdown

Watch
Anonymous #1
Report Thread starter 3 months ago
So at the beginning of August, I’m supposed to be going round a mate’s house with another friend to get drunk and basically catch up and have a laugh...but we’re supposed to be staying there for the night. Are we actually allowed to do this? I don’t like breaking lockdown rules but I haven’t seen them for quite a while and I won’t until then. Also I’ve lost track of a lot of rules right now.
username5212820
Badges: 10
Rep:
?
Report 3 months ago
(Original post by Anonymous)
So at the beginning of August, I’m supposed to be going round a mate’s house with another friend to get drunk and basically catch up and have a laugh...but we’re supposed to be staying there for the night. Are we actually allowed to do this? I don’t like breaking lockdown rules but I haven’t seen them for quite a while and I won’t until then. Also I’ve lost track of a lot of rules right now.
The 2 metre distancing will still be there as it will be for the foreseeable future I believe. However, lockdown rules are just guidance, no one has to actually follow the rules. For example, I haven't seem my boyfriend since March and we're moving in next week together so obviously we've seen each other in the past few weeks so that its not a sudden change. Yes, we have given each other a hug because it's not the law because I know its hard. I would say yes go and see your friends, but because you're just friends and not like needing to hug/kiss them in a family way then just try and stay distancing. As I said though, do whatever you feel comfortable doing and do isolate if either of you get any symptoms.
Hope this helps a little.
Surnia
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report 3 months ago
All in here:

https://www.gov.uk/government/public...an-and-cant-do
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

What do you want most from university virtual open days and online events?

I want to be able to watch in my own time rather than turn up live (178)
28.48%
I want to hear more about the specifics of the course (104)
16.64%
I want to be able to dip in and dip out of lots of different sessions (58)
9.28%
I want to meet current students (52)
8.32%
I want to meet academics and the people that will be teaching me (50)
8%
I want to have a taster lecture or workshop to see what the teaching is like (126)
20.16%
My parents/guardians are more interested than me to be honest (37)
5.92%
Other things – I'll tell you in the thread (20)
3.2%

Watched Threads

Latest
My Feed