The Student Room Group

Mixed thoughts on certain sixth form??

I've had my eyes on Burntwood sixth form for a while now as they'll be offering the A-levels that I want to take (Art, Graphics, and then Sociology or geography I still haven't decided). I'm starting to try and think ahead because of the current situation and don't know if I'll be able to attend the sixth form open day in September if they have one (?), because I haven't seen the school since yr 7 open day and have blurred memories.

all of the people I've told that I want to go there have given me that look and told me that it's hell, and now I'm really conflicted because I want to finally be able to feel comfortable in a school doing what I want but know I will regret it if it's something I will hate.

I'm currently in year 10, well today was my last day, but know that because of how messed up everything is right now it won't be the same as it usually would be

any advice? also open to any other opinions!!
6th form may be like hell but what you truly need to find out, is how good the subject teachers are.

Those teachers are going to carry you through the year so get a rough idea of the quality of teachers and if they are not up to standards then consider other alternatives
Original post by astayuno
6th form may be like hell but what you truly need to find out, is how good the subject teachers are.

Those teachers are going to carry you through the year so get a rough idea of the quality of teachers and if they are not up to standards then consider other alternatives

totally get that, teachers really do mean everything when it comes to a subject. a small problem that it's possible they won't have an open day, fingers crossed for some sort of online help
Original post by SmootieChugger
totally get that, teachers really do mean everything when it comes to a subject. a small problem that it's possible they won't have an open day, fingers crossed for some sort of online help

Yeah check out the existing results for the 6th form on your subjects etc, of course the environment needs to be pleasant eg study rooms/library. If they offer a virtual open day be sure to check em out.
I’ve heard that burntwood school isn’t very good (or words to that effect) but that’s as much as I know - don’t think this is a very helpful post but maybe look at reviews or the school results to get an idea of whether it would be ideal to go there?
Original post by Mesopotamian.
I’ve heard that burntwood school isn’t very good (or words to that effect) but that’s as much as I know - don’t think this is a very helpful post but maybe look at reviews or the school results to get an idea of whether it would be ideal to go there?

all I know is about the fights that go on in the earlier years between girls, but I have no clue about the sixth form because it seems slightly separated from the younger years. reviews are also mixed :/

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending