andy13579
Badges: 3
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 4 months ago
Hi there,

I was wondering whether it's possible for my maintenance loan readjusted? I'm saying this because I completed my form ages ago and got confirmation in the first two weeks of June and got the bare minimum maintenance loan because my mother, who I live with, didn't want to disclose how much she made (as she works part time and doesn't make too much money etc.).

After showing her how much maintenance loan I'm getting and the rent I have to pay for next year, my mother has completed the form, filling out all details, this was about 2+ weeks ago.

The minimum loan would not cover all the rent and that's not even accounting for food shopping etc.

I'm aware that Student Finance is extremely busy considering the recent circumstances but was I wondering because my mother has recently (2 weeks ago) submitted her financial details, could my maintenance loan be readjusted, I'm saying this because I believe my mother's finances would be fairly low, entitling me to more maintenance loan?

A little sidetone, I believe my mother had an email when she sent off the details about photographic evidence if Student Finance needed it, my mother hasn't received that email so do I assume that Student Finance hasn't gone through my mother's details?

Was just wondering if it's easier/quicker to cancel and start a new loan OR if it's possible for the maintenance loan to be readjusted?

Many thanks
PQ
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 4 months ago
It takes 6-8 weeks for SFE to do a household income assessment. If your mum has sent in the form then just wait a few more weeks for SFE to complete the assessment.
andy13579
Rep:
?
(Original post by PQ)
It takes 6-8 weeks for SFE to do a household income assessment. If your mum has sent in the form then just wait a few more weeks for SFE to complete the assessment.
hi there,

thanks for the message. Yeah I was assuming I should wait a little longer but wasn't sure. Would you know once they do review the household income assessment, could the maintenance loan change as a result even though I've already got a confirmation on my loan (without any household income forms completed then).
PQ
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 4 months ago
(Original post by andy13579)
hi there,

thanks for the message. Yeah I was assuming I should wait a little longer but wasn't sure. Would you know once they do review the household income assessment, could the maintenance loan change as a result even though I've already got a confirmation on my loan (without any household income forms completed then).
Yes - this is what SFE do as standard. The rush through approval of the basic loan amount quickly to reassure students that they will get some funding. Then when the household income is assessed the awarded loan is adjusted upwards.
andy13579
Rep:
?
(Original post by PQ)
Yes - this is what SFE do as standard. The rush through approval of the basic loan amount quickly to reassure students that they will get some funding. Then when the household income is assessed the awarded loan is adjusted upwards.
okay brilliant. Many thanks for the reply!
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Should there be a new university admissions system that ditches predicted grades?

No, I think predicted grades should still be used to make offers (643)
33.47%
Yes, I like the idea of applying to uni after I received my grades (PQA) (814)
42.37%
Yes, I like the idea of receiving offers only after I receive my grades (PQO) (378)
19.68%
I think there is a better option than the ones suggested (let us know in the thread!) (86)
4.48%

Watched Threads