Tommy2020
Badges: 6
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 3 months ago
I've got UCL as my firm and just wanted to see if there's anyone else in the same boat, or any current students who want to rant about the good and bad of their experience as a UCL student.
Noodlzzz
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 3 months ago
I’m a UCL psych grad!

UCL is fantastic, but I would strongly recommend to all to look after your mental health. The constant pressure to perform at UCL is not that healthy.

Let me know if you have any specific questions
Tommy2020
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 3 months ago
(Original post by Noodlzzz)
I’m a UCL psych grad!

UCL is fantastic, but I would strongly recommend to all to look after your mental health. The constant pressure to perform at UCL is not that healthy.
That's a good point that I hadn't really considered, I imagine the academic + London stress will be a heavy load
My main questions are:
How are you finding life as a graduate? What have you been up to? And are there as many opportunities as you'd hoped there would be?

Some optional extra questions:
1. Does the quality of lectures and the feedback provided vary greatly between lecturers? Or are they consistently good / not so good?
2. What were your favourite and least favourite modules / areas of psychology?
3. Did you live in UCL halls, and if so how was the experience? (I'm a bit worried about shared bathrooms)
4. Were there any unexpected costs, either from London living or uni, that you wish you'd known about?
5. Was finding a flat and flatmates as hard as you expected it to be?

Thanks for the reply btw
Noodlzzz
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 3 months ago
(Original post by Tommy2020)
That's a good point that I hadn't really considered, I imagine the academic + London stress will be a heavy load
My main questions are:
How are you finding life as a graduate? What have you been up to? And are there as many opportunities as you'd hoped there would be?

Some optional extra questions:
1. Does the quality of lectures and the feedback provided vary greatly between lecturers? Or are they consistently good / not so good?
2. What were your favourite and least favourite modules / areas of psychology?
3. Did you live in UCL halls, and if so how was the experience? (I'm a bit worried about shared bathrooms)
4. Were there any unexpected costs, either from London living or uni, that you wish you'd known about?
5. Was finding a flat and flatmates as hard as you expected it to be?

Thanks for the reply btw
I am a PhD student and love it!

1. I would say a lot of consistency
2. clinical and social > stats and neuroscience
3. I did, yes. it was totally fine! Though I did read that they may be making only ensuite offers due to covid?
4. walk/cycle where you can, buy student oyster card and weekly bus tickets if you will be travelling a lot. Also shop at the reduced isle in supermarkets!
5. not at all. I made some really great connections and finding a place in London is pretty easy

Book_Lover28
Badges: 7
Rep:
?
Report 2 months ago
hi! I was thinking of applying to UCL for psychology and wasnt sure if there is an interview stage? does anybody know if there is for 2021 applicants? thanks.
Tommy2020
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 2 months ago
(Original post by Book_Lover28)
hi! I was thinking of applying to UCL for psychology and wasnt sure if there is an interview stage? does anybody know if there is for 2021 applicants? thanks.
UCL definitely didn't do interviews for psychology this year
I think they might have in the past (like 10yrs ago)
As far as I know Oxford and Cambridge are the only UK unis that do interviews for undergrad psych courses
Book_Lover28
Badges: 7
Rep:
?
Report 3 weeks ago
(Original post by Tommy2020)
UCL definitely didn't do interviews for psychology this year
I think they might have in the past (like 10yrs ago)
As far as I know Oxford and Cambridge are the only UK unis that do interviews for undergrad psych courses
Thank you
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Current uni students - are you thinking of dropping out of university?

Yes, I'm seriously considering dropping out (85)
14.19%
I'm not sure (27)
4.51%
No, I'm going to stick it out for now (189)
31.55%
I have already dropped out (12)
2%
I'm not a current university student (286)
47.75%

Watched Threads