The Student Room Group

Missed offer, what now?

I am an international student (American) and was offered a spot in architecture at Uni Bath for 3 5's in AP Literature, AP Government, AP Physics 2, or two of the former three and another of my choice along with a 30 on the ACT and my high school diploma, both of which I have already. As well as a spot in architecture at Uni Strathclyde for 2 4's in AP Physics 2 and another of my choice. I ended up with a 2 in Literature a 2 in Physics and two 4's in Statistics and Government. The whole situation around AP testing was horrid this year and I felt so confidently that I made my scores, I have no idea what went wrong.

But onto my question, is all hope lost for me on these two offers? I am crushed and somewhat in a state of shock right now. I have a backup plan and I'm already accepted into a decent school here that I was going to back out of had I made it into Bath or Strathclyde. All advice is appreciated, thanks.
(edited 3 years ago)
Original post by Koflach
I am an international student (American) and was offered a spot in architecture at Uni Bath for 3 5's in AP Literature, AP Government, AP Physics 2, or two of the former three and another of my choice along with a 30 on the ACT and my high school diploma, both of which I have already. As well as a spot in architecture at Uni Strathclyde for 2 4's in AP Physics 2 and another of my choice. I ended up with a 2 in Literature a 2 in Physics and two 4's in Statistics and Government. The whole situation around AP testing was horrid this year and I felt so confidently that I made my scores, I have no idea what went wrong.

But onto my question, is all hope lost for me on these two offers? I am crushed and somewhat in a state of shock right now. I have a backup plan and I'm already accepted into a decent school here that I was going to back out of had I made it into Bath or Strathclyde. All advice is appreciated, thanks.

Contact the two unis and let them know your results if you haven't already.

It's very likely unis will show some flexibility this year if they can, but you can't know until you talk to your unis. Maybe ask a teacher to explain the situation with APs this year to a uni if there's one who's able to do that for you.

It sounds like you are not far off the Strathclyde offer at least, so you may well be accepted there.

But no-one can give you a firm answer until you contact the unis.

ETA: I'm sorry this has happened to you, it's a rubbish situation to be in.
(edited 3 years ago)

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending