sj53
Badges: 3
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 6 months ago
Hi! I'm about to have an online interview to a few institutions for MSc Occupational Therapy (Pre-reg) and I was wondering if anyone had any tips or could share what kind of questions they ask? Thank you so much!!!!
Atif R
Badges: 7
Rep:
?
Report 6 months ago
(Original post by sj53)
Hi! I'm about to have an online interview to a few institutions for MSc Occupational Therapy (Pre-reg) and I was wondering if anyone had any tips or could share what kind of questions they ask? Thank you so much!!!!
Hi, I have had a few interviews and they generally ask very similiar questions.

- Why do you want to become an OT?
- What are the values of an OT? (mention NHS values and trusts)
- Discuss when you have had to deal with a difficult situation/teamwork situation/use own initiative?
- There might be videos/pictures you have to look at where they might ask you questions such as what it demonstrates to you etc?
- I would say just have good knowledge of what an OT is, what they do, where they work etc.

Sorry if this is not enough information as I did my interview few months ago however I hope I have helped.

Which institutions have you applied to?
sj53
Rep:
?
(Original post by Atif R)
Hi, I have had a few interviews and they generally ask very similiar questions.

- Why do you want to become an OT?
- What are the values of an OT? (mention NHS values and trusts)
- Discuss when you have had to deal with a difficult situation/teamwork situation/use own initiative?
- There might be videos/pictures you have to look at where they might ask you questions such as what it demonstrates to you etc?
- I would say just have good knowledge of what an OT is, what they do, where they work etc.

Sorry if this is not enough information as I did my interview few months ago however I hope I have helped.

Which institutions have you applied to?
Thank you so so much! I've applied to the majority of the institutions for the January/February 2021 intake, but I've only recently applied so I'm worried most of the institutions will be full, and I haven 't heard back from many

I'm really hoping to go to Glasgow Caledonian, Leeds Beckett, Coventry or Queens Margaret ( I know I'm on the waiting list for Queen Margaret so it will most likely be unlikely). And i haven't heard from any of these yet.
Atif R
Badges: 7
Rep:
?
Report 6 months ago
With COVID-19 the University’s are stretched and so it is taking a little longer, i know its difficult but try not to stress you'll here back soon. Also, there is no harm in ringing the admissions or university OT department or sending them a email, It shows you are eager

I give you the best of luck and do hope you get a response soon!
sj53
Rep:
?
(Original post by Atif R)
With COVID-19 the University’s are stretched and so it is taking a little longer, i know its difficult but try not to stress you'll here back soon. Also, there is no harm in ringing the admissions or university OT department or sending them a email, It shows you are eager

I give you the best of luck and do hope you get a response soon!
Thank you so much!
OT2021
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report 6 months ago
I also applied for the January 2021 intake! I applied to Edinburgh napier and Glasgow uni. I had my interview for napier the interview was very relaxed and felt like a chat. You are asked why OT, why this uni, strength/weakness questions, OT experience/shadowing, questions about my undergraduate degree. I haven’t had an interview for Glasgow yet I have been told I’m on a waiting list. But received my offer from Edinburgh!
sj53
Rep:
?
(Original post by OT2021)
I also applied for the January 2021 intake! I applied to Edinburgh napier and Glasgow uni. I had my interview for napier the interview was very relaxed and felt like a chat. You are asked why OT, why this uni, strength/weakness questions, OT experience/shadowing, questions about my undergraduate degree. I haven’t had an interview for Glasgow yet I have been told I’m on a waiting list. But received my offer from Edinburgh!
Thank you so much, and congratulations!!
sj53
Rep:
?
Has anyone else heard back from Leeds Beckett, Coventry or Lincoln? Or is anyone on the waiting list for these places? I don't want to get my hopes up too much for these places!
___123
Badges: 4
Rep:
?
Report 6 months ago
Hello! I just received an invite to interview at Coventry for the January 2021 MSc Occupational Therapy (Pre-Reg) course. Does anyone have an specific tips for this interview? I know there's a written part and I'm quite nervous, as I'd really like to attend Coventry. Any help wold be really appreciated!
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Do you have the space and resources you need to succeed in home learning?

Yes I have everything I need (437)
56.24%
I don't have everything I need (340)
43.76%

Watched Threads