VNV Nation Watch

Atomik
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 10 years ago
...Another great formerly British-based group. Any fansters on here? I've only got 'Futureperfect' (and a few miscellaneous songs), but it's awesome. 'Beloved'... WHAT A SONG!

"Moments lost, though time remains, I am still proud of what we were. No pain remains, no feeling; eternity awaits. Grant me wings that I might fly. My restless soul is longing. No pain remains, no feeling; eternity awaits..." cue über trance synth...

AHHHHH! ^_^
VengefulSpoon
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
I love em to pieces, saw them in London last year. Brilliant guys.
ILILILILIL
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
Liked them for a while, haven't updated anything really. Only got their Matter + Form & Pastperfect albums.

..darkangel is what made me like them a few years ago, then solitary. Love that song.
Atomik
Rep:
?
(Original post by VengefulSpoon)
I love em to pieces, saw them in London last year. Brilliant guys.
Lucky, lucky. I've been meaning to catch them for some while now. Checked their website today and they don't have any upcoming shows in the UK. Bet they're wellllll good live. I'd go mental to 'Beloved'. :P
VengefulSpoon
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
(Original post by Atomik)
Lucky, lucky. I've been meaning to catch them for some while now. Checked their website today and they don't have any upcoming shows in the UK. Bet they're wellllll good live. I'd go mental to 'Beloved'. :P
I think they are in the studio right now, so they'll be touring again next year. And generally the crowd went insane as soon as he started Beloved, it was ace.
shyopstv
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
Once again, just like in your Anathema thread, I will say that I have their most recent album and quite like it. There are other futurepop artists I much prefer though, check out Covenant, Neuroticfish, Assemblage 23 or Apoptygma Berzerk (or of course, Depeche Mode who they are ultimately all copying).
Atomik
Rep:
?
Aye, I've heard some Covenant and Apoptygma Berzerk. Good stuff. ^_^ Funnily enough, I haven't actually heard that much Depeche Mode... Any recommendations?
xaxa
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
I've only just got round to listening to Depeche Mode (on last.fm), even though people have given me funny looks for not knowing their music before. I can see how they're an influence for later bands, but they're too 80s-new-wave for me to like them.

VNV Nation are one of my favourite bands :-D. I saw them in London, it was brilliant!
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Were you ever put in isolation at school?

Yes (213)
27.92%
No (550)
72.08%

Watched Threads