The Student Room Group

black listed

Ive been blacklisted by Halifax in December as a boy lied to me saying everything he does is safe and this is not fraud (i just turned 16 at the time) so he lied to me he also said that hes going to tesco to transfer momey through them coin machines and obviously i was dumb to believe him. is there anything i can do?
Original post by gabiirose
Ive been blacklisted by Halifax in December as a boy lied to me saying everything he does is safe and this is not fraud (i just turned 16 at the time) so he lied to me he also said that hes going to tesco to transfer momey through them coin machines and obviously i was dumb to believe him. is there anything i can do?

Have you asked CIFAS for a copy of the information it holds on you? You can do this online - and then you can see what sort of fraud marker has been marked against your name (probably First Party Fraud).

If the marker has been placed correctly, and there is no question of whether or not you allowed yourself to be a money mule, then it will remain against your name for six years, I'm afraid. This will make getting any sort of financial products like bank accounts, credit or even insurance very difficult or impossible. For this reason, it's really important that you do a Subject Access Request to CIFAS to see where you stand.

Have a read of this
Reply 2
If you allowed some form of fraud to happen then you will be stuck with it. Don’t try to do anything moronic like use a false name to open a new account or ask others to help you commit fraud with their own accounts, I’ve seen people discuss that on here before so if you come across that when searching for information then ignore it, that will lead nowhere good.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending