Turn on thread page Beta

Your opinion on history/politics students?! watch

ReputationRep:
    This may sound a strange question but...

What are your views/opinions of people that study History/politics at uni?

The reason I'm asking is because I feel the general opinion is rather negative...in the sense they are dull and boring! I know this is hugely generalised but I just wondered what people think?!

Thanks for any feedback

ReputationRep:
    :eek: I'm not dull and boring! I am wonderful and characterful and lovely.

Meep! Maybe I'm not. Maybe I'm just dull and boring. :unsure:

*cries*

ReputationRep:
    The extent of my opinions of them are that they either are or were interested in history or politics.
    I guess they'd probably be slightly more opinionated than the rest of us, but thats just a general thing.

Trust me, I once knew an Oxford history graduate, and he was the wackiest and fun person I have ever had the pleasure of knowing. You have nothing to fear!

ReputationRep:
    The majority of my friends are doing/going on to do these courses!

ReputationRep:
    Can someone give me some fun and inspiring things to say about politics....thanks!

What makes history/politics students so boring? I think the history/politics students I met as nice, fun and basically enjoyable to be with. To be honest, they can pull off the most amazing discussions on topics they learnt at A-Level/uni.

I really do respect them.

GO HISTORY AND POLITICS STUDENTS! :p:

ReputationRep:
    My cousin graduated with a 1st in History and Politics from Manchester.
    He's not boring.

That is the extent of my opinion.

ReputationRep:
    my sister did politics and she beautiful!! she and her politics crew were right little ravers....

there you go...they are crazy

ReputationRep:
    As a (former) History student, I can confirm that Politics students are ******s. :p:

ReputationRep:
    Well, I know someone who changed from applying to PPE to English because he thought the students of the former were stuck up *******s, wannabe politicians, general snooty plonkers etc. Not that I think that's true, but supposedly you get that sort for the more sought-after unis like Oxford

ReputationRep:
    I'm a Politics student! We're a lively bunch. We argue, we challenge each other, we have a laugh. WOOT!!

ReputationRep:
    I tend to find that when arguing with a politics student (which seems to happen a lot) rather than them coming up with a coherent argument they just speak as quickly as possible so by the time you come to counter their first argument they've already come up with another 100 (equally stupid) points.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Antonia87)
    I'm a Politics student! We're a lively bunch. We argue, we challenge each other, we have a laugh. WOOT!!
    Unlike scientists, who instead of arguing just refer to peer review. :p:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by theflyingpig)
    I tend to find that when arguing with a politics student (which seems to happen a lot) rather than them coming up with a coherent argument they just speak as quickly as possible so by the time you come to counter their first argument they've already come up with another 100 (equally stupid) points.
    Uhbutyou'rewrongohsowrongbecause youobviouslycan'tthinkquickenoug handIhavetoresisttheurgenottopre ssthespacekeyhereohdearthisdammi t, did it again...

ReputationRep:
    Politics students are the ****. :cool:

ReputationRep:
    People seem to think we're really clever for some reason............. which of course is a great thing! :-)

ReputationRep:
    One of my friends is a politics student, and she's great =]

ReputationRep:
    I think continually arguing with people at uni about their political standings would become slightly annoying??

ReputationRep:
    I think they're sexy :love: I fell in love with a guy who will be going to do history at Oxford this October. They can be really intelligent and once you get to know them they can become less domineering.

ReputationRep:
    I know where you are coming from. I have a friend whos flat mates (studying politics) said to him on the first day 'we like your sleep, so if you come back after 10pm could you please keep it down.'
    Trust me though, not all pol/pol and history (myself) appliers/graduates are boring. You will get some who are suck-ups and wannabe politicians but you will find more of them in the PPE course (Blair, Cameron, must I say more?)
    The pol/history people are more likely to be objective lunatics like myself

Poll
Did you get less than your required grades and still get into university?
Useful resources

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.