k.T8
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 4 weeks ago
Hi, Im in year 11 going into year 12 in September and since exams have been cancelled by the time i get back into school i will have been off for 6 months and i haven't really done jackshit in the last 4months so i really want to get a headstart and so i can be more flexible with my time in year 12 so i want to try to study the course before hand.

Im taking Chem(OCR),Bio(OCR) and Maths (EDEXCEL)

Honestly i just want some company while i do it and like hold me accountable so please feel free to reply even if you don't do the same subjects or exam boards so at least maybe we could organise do do a certain amount of work in a time frame and like check up on each other even if u r a yr 12 going into yr 13
PetitePanda
Badges: 22
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
https://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/sho....php?t=6595740
s._zz
Badges: 7
Rep:
?
Report 3 weeks ago
(Original post by k.T8)
Hi, Im in year 11 going into year 12 in September and since exams have been cancelled by the time i get back into school i will have been off for 6 months and i haven't really done jackshit in the last 4months so i really want to get a headstart and so i can be more flexible with my time in year 12 so i want to try to study the course before hand.

Honestly i just want some company while i do it and like hold me accountable so please feel free to reply even if you don't do the same subjects or exam boards so at least maybe we could organise do do a certain amount of work in a time frame and like check up on each other even if u r a yr 12 going into yr 13
Heyy

Im hoping to do Bio Chem and Psychology A Level..

Im in the EXACT same position as u, i aint done jack all this quarantine and kinda wanna do something productive, I recommend getting the 'CGP A Head Start To Biology/Chemistry' (idk if they do maths) mainly because i used CGP for GCSE and the layout and content is not too demanding for someone who is supposed to be on a summer holiday rn :/....you could also watch some A Level videos on you tube....or try some practice questions on Seneca Learning (what my college suggested)..
kenxa
Badges: 5
Rep:
?
Report 3 weeks ago
(Original post by s._zz)
Heyy

Im in the EXACT same position as u, i aint done jack all this quarantine and kinda wanna do something productive, I recommend getting the 'CGP A Head Start To Biology/Chemistry' (idk if they do maths) mainly because i used CGP for GCSE and the layout and content is not too demanding for someone who is supposed to be on a summer holiday rn :/....you could also watch some A Level videos on you tube....or try some practice questions on Seneca Learning (what my college suggested)..
Hey,

CGP do a Maths headstart book and a few months ago they were selling them for free on kindle so if you ask around someone might have like the PDFs etc. for all the sciences and maths.
fijitastic
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 3 weeks ago
im doing bio chem and spanish! ive already finished a few topicsin bio and spanish but im lowkey unmotivated too
k.T8
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 3 weeks ago
(Original post by s._zz)
Heyy

ahah so wanna be study buddies ?? i mean there is also someone else that pm me so we can make a group chat or somethin?
k.T8
Rep:
?
(Original post by s._zz)
Heyy

and yeah ive like looked through those revion guides but i just decided to like start the actual textbook for chem and for bio i bought the A-level revision guide thing by cgp even though the school ill go to dont actually use that book but thought id use it for know.
(CGP was my holly grail for gcse but heard they aren't gud for A-levels though
xavana.studies
Badges: 13
Rep:
?
Report 3 weeks ago
(Original post by k.T8)

Synergy_ set up a really helpful study group There are two (optional) sessions available every day for students of all ages to meet and study. I'm sure that synergy will be able to tell you more, but it sounds like you'd be a good addition to the group
username5301604
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report 3 weeks ago
Heyy k.T8 thank you for the tag, xavana.studies.
So, we basically created a "group-study thread", but it is for people of different exam boards and ages, so it won't be specific to you. Basically two sessions are held everyday, one in the morning (10-12) and one in the evening (4-6).

"There is a daily tag list. You can choose to be a part of the morning or afternoon sessions tag or none. The tag acts as a reminder. You do not need to be added to this list, just tell me if you do not want to be.

State 30 minutes before a session if you are interested in joining. The group of users who are also in will all agree to not post on TSR and study for these two hours. We obviously can not make sure you will procrastinate in another way, but just try your best.

We can exchange tips, motivate each other, and reflect. It is no problem at all if you were not being productive, but it helps to feel like there are others studying with you and if someone is studying something similar you can ask each other questions.

Here is the link if you are interested in joining https://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/sho....php?t=6564076
Last edited by username5301604; 3 weeks ago
k.T8
Rep:
?
Thanks! thats great,
k.T8
Rep:
?
(Original post by Synergy_)
Heyy k.T8 thank you for the tag, xavana.studies.
So, we basically created a "group-study thread", but it is for people of different exam boards and ages, so it won't be specific to you. Basically two sessions are held everyday, one in the morning (10-12) and one in the evening (4-6).

"There is a daily tag list. You can choose to be a part of the morning or afternoon sessions tag or none. The tag acts as a reminder. You do not need to be added to this list, just tell me if you do not want to be.

State 30 minutes before a session if you are interested in joining. The group of users who are also in will all agree to not post on TSR and study for these two hours. We obviously can not make sure you will procrastinate in another way, but just try your best.

We can exchange tips, motivate each other, and reflect. It is no problem at all if you were not being productive, but it helps to feel like there are others studying with you and if someone is studying something similar you can ask each other questions.

Here is the link if you are interested in joining https://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/sho....php?t=6564076
i just checked it out looks great could u plz add me to the morining and evening sess x
k.T8
Rep:
?
(Original post by s._zz)
Heyy

Im in the EXACT same position as u, i aint done jack all this quarantine and kinda wanna do something productive, I recommend getting the 'CGP A Head Start To Biology/Chemistry' (idk if they do maths) mainly because i used CGP for GCSE and the layout and content is not too demanding for someone who is supposed to be on a summer holiday rn :/....you could also watch some A Level videos on you tube....or try some practice questions on Seneca Learning (what my college suggesinteted)..
interested in being study buddy???
s._zz
Badges: 7
Rep:
?
Report 3 weeks ago
(Original post by k.T8)
interested in being study buddy???
sureee
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

How do you feel about your grades? Are they...

What I expected (11)
20.75%
Better than expected (11)
20.75%
Worse than expected (31)
58.49%

Watched Threads