second year car insurance?

Watch
Harry171
Badges: 17
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 2 weeks ago
how much was your second year car insurance because when I'm looking at quotes some of them have gone up???
Martin_Sandy
Badges: 4
Rep:
?
Report 2 weeks ago
(Original post by Harry171)
how much was your second year car insurance because when I'm looking at quotes some of them have gone up???
Never :beerglass: + :f1:
samg09
Badges: 7
Rep:
?
Report 2 weeks ago
I drive a 1.4L 2007 Peugeot, my first year was around £200 a month and second year they brought it down to £87 a month. I’ve recently renewed my insurance for a third year but decided to look at different quotes with other companies and managed to save myself £30 a month. My advice is to have a look around at what others are offering, your current insurance company should decrease the amount a little bit however more often than not you’ll find the same coverage for cheaper with another provider. Hope this helps!
Joshkav
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 2 weeks ago
My first year was £3,500 with a blackbox, in my second year, it went down to £2,400 without a blackbox, now in my third year, it is £1,200 without a blackbox.

Just to give you an idea of what to expect, I got off the blacbox as soon as I could as I don't trust them, so obviously, if you stayed on a blacbox, you annual premiums will be a lot lower than mine
Emma:-)
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report 2 weeks ago
My first year was £1020
My second year was £660
Apple2017
Badges: 16
Rep:
?
Report 2 weeks ago
(Original post by Harry171)
Mine was like £940 with AXA for a years fully comp insurance.

Mind you, I have had no claims/accidents nor have I got any points on my licence and my telematics scores were good the whole year so I got a discount
TajwarC
Rep:
?
Report 2 weeks ago
First was £1220 with Admiral
Renewal quote (1 year NCB) they gave was over £1600
Called them up, declared new mods and came down to £1170 (also removing a named driver reduced it, despite the same named driver reducing it the first time round)
Joshkav
Rep:
?
Report 2 weeks ago
(Original post by TajwarC)
First was £1220 with Admiral
Renewal quote (1 year NCB) they gave was over £1600
Called them up, declared new mods and came down to £1170 (also removing a named driver reduced it, despite the same named driver reducing it the first time round)
Was it not cheaper to change provider?
TajwarC
Rep:
?
Report 2 weeks ago
(Original post by Joshkav)
Was it not cheaper to change provider?
Nope, other providers were quoting £2000 minimum on the price comparison websites
Joshkav
Rep:
?
Report 2 weeks ago
Nope, other providers were quoting £2000 minimum on the price comparison websites
Unusual that, most peoples go down by changing providers. e.g. my insurance this year was £1,000 cheaper than my renewal quote with AXA.
Last edited by Joshkav; 2 weeks ago
rae52
Badges: 10
Rep:
?
Report 2 weeks ago
Price comparison website every time
Also, I have Directline Blackbox policy and I cannot fault it.
StudentFinley
Badges: 3
Rep:
?
Report 2 weeks ago
First year I paid £1300. Now, I’m in my second year and pay £890 but I changed insurance companies.
TajwarC
Rep:
?
Report 2 weeks ago
(Original post by Joshkav)
Unusual that, most peoples go down by changing providers. e.g. my insurance this year was £1,000 cheaper than my renewal quote with AXA.
I suppose the saving would have been bigger but I declared mods so it was likely to go up if anything
Joshkav
Rep:
?
Report 2 weeks ago
I suppose the saving would have been bigger but I declared mods so it was likely to go up if anything
Yeah, suppose so.
Apple2017
Badges: 16
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
I kind of want a 2.0 VW golf so will just have to see how the insurance costs for that, I may keep dreaming lol
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Did you get the SQA results you wanted today?

Yes- I did even better than I hoped! (34)
17.89%
Yes- I got what I was hoping for (53)
27.89%
No- my results weren't as good as I'd hoped (103)
54.21%

Watched Threads