The Student Room Group

Does anyone have any Grade 9 English Lit and Language Essays?

I'm helping a relative improve his GCSE English as I got A*s in mine. However, I did the old spec so I'm not sure how suitable my examples would be.

Does anyone have examples for the AQA spec? Particularly on unseen poetry because I'm going through that right now.
Reply 1
Original post by ItsAnotherGrad
I'm helping a relative improve his GCSE English as I got A*s in mine. However, I did the old spec so I'm not sure how suitable my examples would be.

Does anyone have examples for the AQA spec? Particularly on unseen poetry because I'm going through that right now.

I don’t have what you’re asking for, but I’d recommend that your relative uses “yorknotes”, which is a really good poetry/literature website. In Year 8 my end of year exam was on the book Animal Farm, and I’d only read the first 3 pages + 2hrs of yorknotes (mainly quizzes) and I got 80%🤣
Original post by 1mstuck
I don’t have what you’re asking for, but I’d recommend that your relative uses “yorknotes”, which is a really good poetry/literature website. In Year 8 my end of year exam was on the book Animal Farm, and I’d only read the first 3 pages + 2hrs of yorknotes (mainly quizzes) and I got 80%🤣

Yeah yorknotes is great, I survived my Pride and Prejudice controlled assessment with that! It's more the essay skills in general that he's struggling with. That was my issue when I started my gcses so I can work on improving them in general, I guess it's more making sure they fit the new syllabus rather than the old one.
Reply 3
Original post by ItsAnotherGrad
Yeah yorknotes is great, I survived my Pride and Prejudice controlled assessment with that! It's more the essay skills in general that he's struggling with. That was my issue when I started my gcses so I can work on improving them in general, I guess it's more making sure they fit the new syllabus rather than the old one.

Ahh. I think the best you could do is make sure he knows his essay structure, because the amount of marks I’ve lost in English and History because I forgot the structure, even though my analysis was on point🤦🏾*♂️

Quick Reply