my boyfriend said he likes girls with low self esteem?

Watch
This discussion is closed.
Anonymous #1
Report Thread starter 3 weeks ago
OP removed
physicsamor
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 3 weeks ago
RED FLAG
get out of there.
notjoshno
Badges: 9
Rep:
?
Report 3 weeks ago
This is super messed up, and a massive red flag. Break up with his ass, he's definitely manipulative. Also, massive kudos for flagging this up and taking it seriously. Don't let him talk you out of it.
Pathway
Rep:
?
Report 3 weeks ago
That's really messed up.
LovelyMrFox
Rep:
?
Report 3 weeks ago
Ew. Throw him to the curb.
IQuitTSR
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 3 weeks ago
https://www.themonitor.com/wp-conten...e6ef8bf84b.jpg
Last edited by IQuitTSR; 3 weeks ago
TheStarboy
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report 3 weeks ago
(Original post by Anonymous)
That's better than him being a [email protected]
Sigh
Fermion.
Rep:
?
Report 3 weeks ago
Throw him in the bin. Why the **** would you even say that. Guy has massive issues.
Anonymous #3
Report 3 weeks ago
I guess he doesn't respect you very much, and what did he mean by "he always goes for girls with low self esteem"? You've been together since 15, so did he date a lot before that, or he's constantly trying his luck with other girls as well?
whatitdobabyeee
Badges: 12
Rep:
?
Report 3 weeks ago
Steer clear.
He literally admitted to being a predator, I'm suprised you even call him your boyfriend after that
Napp
  • Political Ambassador
Badges: 22
Rep:
?
Report 3 weeks ago
Predator alert...
chloeebrown09
Badges: 13
Rep:
?
Report 3 weeks ago
that definitly means he started dating u while u were going through something. he waits to take his prey when its most vaulnerable. u should leave him. i would, despite being together so long, because even if its been a while , if he shows signs like saying stuff like that better to leave then to waste your life on a man who is like that. just my opinion.
Surnia
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report 3 weeks ago
It's more than one comment, though. Your whole relationship is not based on him finding someone compatible and being loving and caring towards you; he chose you for the fact that he thinks he can manipulate you and not put the effort in because you'll be so grateful for having a boyfriend.

He's toxic and controlling. Get rid, now.
Jaunty
Rep:
?
Report 3 weeks ago
This sounds really awful but perhaps the reason he feels like that is that they’re more approachable which sounds like he isn’t very confident either so he’d find it easier.

if you’ve been together four years then there’s something good here.
Jaunty
Rep:
?
Report 3 weeks ago
You are being silly to ruin something good bc of this, I get the feeling he’s worded it wrong.
ANM775
Rep:
?
Report 3 weeks ago
I think it's a bit much to break up after that one comment tbh,

does he beat you?
does he mistreat you?

or is the relationship fine apart from that one thing?

people on TSR like to shout "dump him" for just about anything, but honestly .. if it was just that one comment and nothing else I doubt most of these people saying "dump him" would actually go through and do it with their boyfriend of 4+ years
username5234220
Badges: 10
Rep:
?
Report 3 weeks ago
You've posted this without context and of course TSRers are going to shout "break up" at anything even if it is something nuanced and complex. Don't throw away a 4 year relationship over this. Maybe ask him to clarify what he meant. The statement itself doesn't mean he's predatory. It might just be that he finds self-confident girls a little stuck up or hard to get with all together.

It's not like he said "yeah I love preying on vulnerable women, abusing them, and ruining their lives" everyone calm down lol.
itzkaceyxx
Badges: 10
Rep:
?
Report 3 weeks ago
run
Wired_1800
  • Political Ambassador
Rep:
?
Report 3 weeks ago
This is so messed up
Chocolatecakexx
  • Political Ambassador
Badges: 17
Rep:
?
Report 3 weeks ago
tf is wrong with ur ex
u should have exposed him
X
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

What are you most likely to do if you don't get the grades you were expecting?

Go through Clearing (271)
40.39%
Take autumn exams (201)
29.96%
Look for a job (23)
3.43%
Consider an apprenticeship (26)
3.87%
Take a year out (111)
16.54%
Something else (let us know in the thread!) (39)
5.81%

Watched Threads