The Student Room Group

UCAS Track Password Reset Email Issue?

Hi, I am currently trying to log into my UCAS Track account. However, I have forgotten my password, and every time I request a password reset to my registered email address, I end up with this message:

"Thank you for your request. An email has been sent to your registered track address. If this email does not arrive, please check that the details you entered were correct. If they are, then please telephone our call centre on 0371 468 0 468 (or 0044 371 468 0 468 from outside the UK)"

I have tried numerous times requesting a password reset email, to no avail. I receive all UCAS related emails to this account, so I'm pretty sure this is the correct registered account. Additionally, I have checked my Junk mail to nothing.

It is 3.08am now, so will call UCAS call centre later in the morning when UCAS, if they are open amidst this time.

Is anyone else having the same experience with UCAS track log in? Or if anyone is able to help me out I would be entirely grateful.

Many thanks.
If you're using outlook/hotmail then be sure to check BOTH inboxes - Focused and Other
Also try a search for emails containing the words "UCAS" and "reset"; Sometimes email filtering rules can dump it straight into another folder. Searching will find it if that's the case

Also just double check you're typing your email address correctly as it'll say the same message even if they don't recognise it. I've lost track of the number of times I've done a typo on my email and not noticed

Another reason could be that the server is busy, in which case it can take a while for the email to be successfully sent to you

If none of the above works then all you can do is call them tomorrow and get them to sort it unfortunately
(edited 3 years ago)
Reply 2
Hi, I have tried all of what you said numerous times to no success. Unfortunately their call lines are also closed due to covid.

I guess I will just have to keep trying. I'm guessing there's some sort of glitch going on, which will be hopefully temporary.

Many thanks for your suggestions

Original post by MedicWil
If you're using outlook/hotmail then be sure to check BOTH inboxes - Focused and Other
Also try a search for emails containing the words "UCAS" and "reset"; Sometimes email filtering rules can dump it straight into another folder. Searching will find it if that's the case

Also just double check you're typing your email address correctly as it'll say the same message even if they don't recognise it. I've lost track of the number of times I've done a typo on my email and not noticed

Another reason could be that the server is busy, in which case it can take a while for the email to be successfully sent to you

If none of the above works then all you can do is call them tomorrow and get them to sort it unfortunately
Reply 3
Original post by Deen07
Hi, I have tried all of what you said numerous times to no success. Unfortunately their call lines are also closed due to covid.

I guess I will just have to keep trying. I'm guessing there's some sort of glitch going on, which will be hopefully temporary.

Many thanks for your suggestions

May I just add that I've sent them an email about this, so hopefully will get a reply soon.

Quick Reply