The Student Room Group

Masters issue

So I’m going into my final year of my undergraduate degree and I’m looking into applying for a masters course soon. There’s one in particular that starts in April of 2021, however, I’ll still have uni exams in May of 2021. There doesn’t seem to be another start date so I’m slightly confused. If it helps any the course is at Edinburgh university.

Thanks!
Original post by Anonymous
So I’m going into my final year of my undergraduate degree and I’m looking into applying for a masters course soon. There’s one in particular that starts in April of 2021, however, I’ll still have uni exams in May of 2021. There doesn’t seem to be another start date so I’m slightly confused. If it helps any the course is at Edinburgh university.

Thanks!

April start date is unusual but a few programs (undergrad & masters) do start then.

If your exams are mid-may i.e. 4-7 weeks after the Masters start date you would effectively have missed too much of the 1st Semester. It would be better to try and start with the following cohort a year later or see if you can join in Semester 2, then do your Semester 1 modules starting next April (this may not be possible tho).

I would email the university and see if their are alternatives. And if not you will need to determine if you want to wait 10 months for it.

Thanks!

Hey,

You will have to complete you Undergrad degree first before you are able to start the masters programme. Have you tried to contact the university to check when the next intake is after their April 2021? They may have some but they are just not released the dates yet.

Hope this helps
Doreen-maria - Official Student Rep 😀

Thanks!

Do you have a link to the course you're referring to? They may have later start dates but haven't publicised them yet.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending