The Student Room Group

International license.

Would I need an insurance if I want to buy a car on my International driving license?
Yes ?? You dont ‘buy a car on a licence‘

You have to have insurance to drive a car in the UK
Reply 2
Original post by Sherjamal123
Would I need an insurance if I want to buy a car on my International driving license?

Yes...
Original post by IWMTom
Yes...

Also, one more thing, can I drive without insurance or even then I would need it? Bceuase I don't remember my dad mentioning anything about it from his visit to UK. Even though he did drive.,
Reply 4
Also, one more thing, can I drive without insurance or even then I would need it? Bceuase I don't remember my dad mentioning anything about it from his visit to UK. Even though he did drive.,

It is illegal to drive a vehicle in the UK without valid insurance (or MOT if required). If you have an International Licence you need to check the validity of it as I believe you must have a UK licence if you are resident for longer than (I think) 12 months
Reply 5

You. Need. Insurance.
Yes, driving without valid insurance is a crime.
You need valid insurance, tax and MOT. Only the MOT is transferable from a sale, the other two must be obtained before driving off with your vehicle.
Reply 8
Yes and the international licence is only valid for one year from entry into the UK

TheDE
(edited 3 years ago)
Reply 9
Of course you need insurance to drive. What kind of question is this lmao

Quick Reply

Latest